Menopause Expert Forum
Endrometrial Ablation necessary for polyp control???
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Endrometrial Ablation necessary for polyp control???

I just had an ultra sound which showed endometrial thickening and a possible polyp behind the thickening.  Blood work shows that estrogen is within normal range. Age 49. Treatment so far has been using progestren to start period after skipping a few periods. Usually experience cramping, bloating and pelvic pain especially in side when miss periods.  I have no right ovary removed 19 years ago with diagnosis that endometrial tissue had taken over ovary.  Problem now is within the last 3 weeks of missing a period I have had ongoing pelvic pain especially in my left side (with rectum pain). Experienced similar pain in past during ovaluation, but subsided with completion of ovulation.  I have had four children. Dr. wants to do D & C, scrape endometrial lining (biopsy), hysterscopy, and an ablation.  Understand all procedures except ablation.  Read on-line that ablation mainly used for heavy periods--don't have.  Didn't  read that this was used to control polyps. Heard ablation wipes warning signs for edometrial cancer (no bleeding).  I have had a precancerous colon polyp removed 3 yrs. Colonoscopy was clear 2 yrs. ago. I don't think is related.  I have had pelvic and rectum pain during ovulation for years. Couldn't this pelvic pain be also due to traveling edometrial tissue that maybe has adhered to the colon stimulated by hormones?  Would endometrial ablation be a good course of action for someone who has the above symptoms.  What will the ablation do for me?  Please advise.  Thanks.