Estroven for anxiety?
I am beginning perimenopause,  I think,  and experiencing a lot of anxiety.  This is new for me,  I used to err on the side of not being worked up enough about problems.  ;D

Anyway,  when I have something realistic to be anxious about,  I get really anxious but when that resolves,  the anxiety comes right back up to the same level.  It's as though my mind is searching for something to be anxious about,  because my body is functioning at that level of nervousness.  Right now I'm using relaxation calming techniques when I feel the anxiety rise,  but I wonder if estroven might help.

Anybody tried that?  Good or bad results?

Thanks!
I tried estrovin for 2 weeks due to perimonopausal symptoms, insomnia, mood swings, PMS.

It did work even in those 2 weeks, calming me down, eliminating PMS and helping me sleep.  My muscles were so relaxed and my mood felt more level.  I think it relaxed me so much it constipated me so I stopped and the symptoms came back.  I am now going to take 1/2 pill for a month to see if it still works without constipating me.

My sister has used it for awhile and swears by it.
Thanks for your reply!  I've been on it for a week now,  and it's made a lot of difference.  Suddenly  the "edge" is off my anxiety,  and I feel much more normal.

How is your anxiety? I tried estroven and it never did rid me of the anxiety. I am in menopause- no periods for more than a year. I've just started hot flashes and didn't start the nervous feeling until after going on hrt's. I thought it would stop when I went off, but still here!! Going back to the gyno next month so I'll let you know what's going on!
I am just going to start taking Estroven, but when I read your comment, Lake Lover, about constipation, I am apprehensive. I have been battling constipation for years. Has anyone else experienced this problem after taking Estroven?
is this estroven an over the counter product? i am on zoloft and am having breakthrough anxiety.  i am convinced it is because i am hypothyroid and need an adjustment on my meds(doctor monday).  I also am convinced I am perimen. at 47. I didn't realize anxiety is a component of perimen/menopause. does it help with nightsweats?  i have been having such a tough time lately. I also have zero sex drive.  My blessing is I am married to the greatest man in the world!

any advice/help would be appreciated
liz
I just hate this.  I've been perimenopause for about a year.  It wasn't till I was at the dinner table on Thurs and my son said "You're upset everyday.  You've been mad everyday this week about something."  And I said (very loudly) "I was NOT upset last Sunday".

That's when I realized I needed to do something.  Went to the gyno several times, tried several things and she finally put me on a 28 day birth control pill.  I hate the idea of taking them but it has helped.  I still get emotional a couple days a month but at least it's not like it was and I'm not homicidal/suicidal anymore.

But what is this estroven everyone is talking about?