Fainting and Menopause
I am 53 and in menopause and I have actually fainted now while driving. My heart was racing and I had a hot flash and then I lost consciousness for 3 or 4 seconds. Went off the road, through a fence and into a field. Very luckily, no one was hurt. This happened a year ago. Had tons of tests done on my heart, blood work, etc. Nothing found. Now, a year later, I'm starting to get the dizzy spells again (not vertigo though, I've had that before). Each time I feel dizzy I can feel my heart race, a sort of heavy feeling in my chest and sometimes a hot flash goes with it. I really feel it's linked to hormones and menopause. I'm afraid to drive now. What can be done to correct the fainting?
Your symptoms may be related to SVT (fast heart rate and dizziness), which can rear its ugly head during menopause or atrial fibrillation.  If they gave you a 24 hour monitor (Holter) to wear, then I would suggest asking for one that you can have for 30 days.   SVT is unpredictable and hard to pick up in a 24 hour period.

The majority of SVT's are benign and not dangerous (except for the passing out part).   If you are becoming more symptomatic, then wearing a heart monitor will likely pick up the arrhythmia.  The treatment options for SVT are to do nothing (not a good option because of the dizziness), take a beta blocker or have a cardiac ablation.

I had an ablation and it gave me my life back.  

You need to speak to your doctor and have this investigated further.  SVT may not be dangerous to your heart but it certainly interferes with quality of life.
I am almost 44 years old and I have been getting almost faintlike spells.  My heart starts pounding through my chest, I start sweating profusely and I almost feel like I'm going to pass out.......any suggestions......Please help, Signed
A CURIOUS KID-SO I THOUGHT
God Bless You for taking the time to respond to my question. I've never heard of SVT but I will most deffinately share it w/ my Doc.........
  I had the same thing happening to me..  Panic attack while driving because I feel like I will pass out and weird  experiences in my head..  
My doctor sent me to a neurologist and I had a lot of tests..  the solution was drinking a lot more water and eating more salt.  I have pouts of very low blood pressure..  I have almost fainted many times while driving so I totally understand what you have written her.  I sound EXACTLY like what you posted,