Going toward menopause? feel like I'm all alone
Well I guess there has to be a "first" weird period  on the road to menopause, right? Is everyone's road different?
You could set a clock by my periods--always around 26 day cycle. This last cycle was 34 days.
I didn't have really any symptoms of pregnancy--but I was secretly hoping as I've been trying for near 7 years with no success or accurate diagnosis as to why.
So this last cycle I guess I fell for the cruel trick of menopause-- thinking you're pregnant when really you're just old.
Any one been down this road? Is this how it happens?
I'm totally in the dark. I asked the doctor and she said. Oh some people cycle is longer, some shorter, some lighter some heavier. Wow! that was helpful information, right?
All my friends are younger, so they have no clue. Family members have had hysterectomies and tubal ligation, so no relative has gone through it "naturally".
Help! Please. Feel like I'm all alone in this.
For me, I have had several years of hot flashes and night sweats, slow weight gain, but still very regular periods.  Three years ago, I had 11 periods over twelve months. Two years ago, I had four.  Three years ago I had two.  In the past 10 months I've just had one.  The flow has been typical of my history, but with a lot of back cramping (like horrendous back labor pains) although my last two periods have been very light to scant.  I haven't had night sweats and hot flashes for the past few months.  So, that is how it has been for me.  I will say that I've recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism which may account for the changes in my cycles to some degree.  Have you had recent lab work that shows your thyroid is normal and not contributing to changes in your cycle?  Might be worth checking.  

Also, I'd like to say that I'm sorry you've not become pregnant. Menopause will be a bittersweet transition for you, I'm sure.  Be easy with yourself.
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your input. Tests on my thyroid have been normal.
Does it seem to you that life makes a big deal about puberty and "becoming a woman", but going out the other side is shrouded in "Shhh!" and  mystery?
like it's some horrible fate? Doesn't seem like anyone's talking about it.
*giggling*  Menopause and hypothyroidism are taking center stage at my house.  Between hot flashes and some hypo symptoms, my poor family is going through this change right along side me.  I think I'm nearing menopause and now that my thyroid issues are being addressed, things are going well for me.  For you, if your circle of friends are a little younger, I am sure it would seem like no one is talking about it....well, because they are not talking it....yet.  Hang in there!