HELP perimenopause questions
Hi. Im 43 years old and have been having problems with my periods. I will be a month late, or sometimes even 3 months late. They will be heavy sometimes and light other times. This started about 3 yrs ago. My baby boys father passed away in 2004 and I stayed single for at least 8 yrs. After awhile of being alone, my family thought it was time for me to move on with my life, so I decided to start dating again. well I meet this great man and ever since we started having intercourse. All these problems started happening. Missed periods, unusual headaches, and even real bed UTIs. I have even been getting real upset over nothing. I cry almost every night over things that happened years ago. Last year I only had 6 periods. I know im not pregnant. I have taken at least 15 pregnancy test over the past three years and all negative. Sex has been painful for me, but I was assuming it was because I didn't have sex for almost 8 yrs. Just wanted to know if anyone had any advice. Thank you so much.
Irregular periods and painful sex is not normal and you need to see your Doctor for an examination. Irregular bleeding can be due to stress, hormonal imbalance, ovarian cysts or PCOS, use of birth control pills etc. An ultrasound scan of the pelvis and Pap smear may be done. The mood swings also point to hormonal changes which may be a part of pre-menopause. Consult your Doctor.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.