Menopause Expert Forum
HIgh FSH normal Estrogen
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

HIgh FSH normal Estrogen

I was told at 27 that I had pof (FSH was 165, estrogen was undetectible). I was given bcp and took them until 3 months ago (I am now 39). I stopped the pills because I suddenly started having really high blood pressure peaks. The bp is normal again after stopping. I have had no menopause symptoms since stopping the pills. I even had obvious signs that my body is producing estrogen, such as fertle mucous, increased energy, etc. In the last 7 days I have had cramping, extreme hunger and spotting, which is now becoming heavier like a period.  My doctor tested my hormones 4 days ago and the results confused her. My FSH was still high at 121, but my estrogen was normal at 60. She said I had the blood tests of someone on birth control pills and was confused because I have been off of the pills for a little more than 3 months. She said that possibly my ovaries are kicking back in and just to watch it for the next four months. Every doc. that I have told about the pof has questioned it because I have had 3 children naturally and never had any problems with hormones, periods or getting pregnant. Also, I was diagnosed with subclinical hashimotos about 5 months ago, even though my thyroid and tsh levels were just borderline low and high, I had antibodies. I have not been treated, but my thyroid tests were run with my hormones this time and they were normal now. Could there be a relation there?

Thanks!