HRT??? Other options?
I am in menopause, no period in just about a year.  Previously had irregular periods since age 48 but no other symptoms.  I have a physical in early January and need some info before going in.  I am having terrible hot flashes during the day but the night is the worst ... sometimes every hour, but at least every couple of hours, I wake up sweating, back of neck is soaked, back ... mostly from the waist up.  I am exhausted from lack of great sleep.  I tried taking an all-natural supplement called i-cool and it helps a bit.  Also quite moody/emotional and vey dry eyes.  Not sure about HRT.  My mother had breast cancer at age 68 and survived.  I have a leaky aortic valve and some thickening of the left ventricle due to undiagnosed high blood pressure.  Just wondering what options I do have.  So much info out there; I'm no even sure where to look.
I have a friend who saw a nurtitionist and was given a bunch of natural things to take for the severe hot flashes she was having and it did help.  I understand your concern about HRT.  This is the only alternative I know of besides possibly acupuncture (that may help a little)
Good luck to you