Menopause Community
HRT and getting your period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

HRT and getting your period

I am 46 years old, have been taking HRT for approx. 11 months to help control severe hot flashes and have not had a period for approx. 13 months except then all of a sudden, for the past two months I've have had a normal period within 30 days of eachl .  Why all of a sudden has my period returned?   I'm not sure if I should stop taking  HRT now that my period has returned?   Help
Hi I've just answered a similiar post to yours. You can still get bleeding on HRT which is a common problem for some people and why I had to stop taking it. However, it depends if your periods had stopped completely when you started the HRT. If they hadn't then as I said, you don't have to worry too much. But if they had stopped and started again then you should see your doc very soon to make sure everythings ok. It's difficult to know in your case as you say you stopped for 11 mths on HRT, but I'm not sure, if you mean you had also stopped before you went on it.