HRT and hair loss
I started on HRT this year and have noticed extreme hair loss.  This was listed as one of the side effects (loss of scalp hair).  I stopped the medication.  Will my hair come back.  It is extremely thin to the point of seeing  my scalp through.  I see tiny hairs in the bright light, but wondering if that is a good sign or not.  Has anyone else had this happen with HRT.  It was Femhrt, which is estrogen and progestin.  However, I read that just the Estrogens also list this side effect, so I am afraid to take anything at all.  trixie9
Read about bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) drugs that are compounded for your individual needs. It is much better for you than premarin or prempro, as you will discover .
I agree with Trixie9.  

Bioidentical Hormones come in different delivery methods.  Patches, creams, gels, and pellets.

I prefer the pellets.  These are implanted under the skin on my hip every 3-4 months.  I don't have to think about sticking on a patch (which didn't stick to me), or rubbing in creams or gels.  They deliver the lowest and most consistent dose of any method of delivery.  

Find a doctor that specializes in bioidentical hormones and menopause.