Heavy Periods
Hello, I am 37 yrs old and I have had a tubal ligation when I turned 32. after my last child was born, I was just at the ER because I have had my period for about 3-4 weeks now and it wont stop Dr. at ER didn't find anything wrong with me. at the hospital I bleed a lot and a golf ball sized ball of what it looked like a clogged blood.  he send me to go see a OBGYN to do follow up and he said he might do a Biopsy on me. I rather not go. he also said it could be Menopause, and everyone I talk to tells me the same thing. has anyone gone thru this already?? DR. said I might be prescribed birth control pills to regulate my periods or Hormone pills for the  menopause.  Is there a quicker and less costly way to stop the periods?
Excessive and prolonged bleeding is not a sign of menopause. This can be because of hormonal factors or local issues like endometrial hyperplasia or ovarian cysts. You will need an ultrasound scan and a consultation with a gynaecologist to make the diagnosis. Apart from hormones and birth control pills bleeding can be stopped by using haemostatic agents.
Hope this helps.