Menopause Community
Heavy Periods
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heavy Periods

Hello, I am 37 yrs old and I have had a tubal ligation when I turned 32. after my last child was born, I was just at the ER because I have had my period for about 3-4 weeks now and it wont stop Dr. at ER didn't find anything wrong with me. at the hospital I bleed a lot and a golf ball sized ball of what it looked like a clogged blood.  he send me to go see a OBGYN to do follow up and he said he might do a Biopsy on me. I rather not go. he also said it could be Menopause, and everyone I talk to tells me the same thing. has anyone gone thru this already?? DR. said I might be prescribed birth control pills to regulate my periods or Hormone pills for the  menopause.  Is there a quicker and less costly way to stop the periods?
Hi,
Excessive and prolonged bleeding is not a sign of menopause. This can be because of hormonal factors or local issues like endometrial hyperplasia or ovarian cysts. You will need an ultrasound scan and a consultation with a gynaecologist to make the diagnosis. Apart from hormones and birth control pills bleeding can be stopped by using haemostatic agents.
Hope this helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank