Aa
A
A
Close
5110771 tn?1363746602
Heavy Periods
Hello, I am 37 yrs old and I have had a tubal ligation when I turned 32. after my last child was born, I was just at the ER because I have had my period for about 3-4 weeks now and it wont stop Dr. at ER didn't find anything wrong with me. at the hospital I bleed a lot and a golf ball sized ball of what it looked like a clogged blood.  he send me to go see a OBGYN to do follow up and he said he might do a Biopsy on me. I rather not go. he also said it could be Menopause, and everyone I talk to tells me the same thing. has anyone gone thru this already?? DR. said I might be prescribed birth control pills to regulate my periods or Hormone pills for the  menopause.  Is there a quicker and less costly way to stop the periods?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Excessive and prolonged bleeding is not a sign of menopause. This can be because of hormonal factors or local issues like endometrial hyperplasia or ovarian cysts. You will need an ultrasound scan and a consultation with a gynaecologist to make the diagnosis. Apart from hormones and birth control pills bleeding can be stopped by using haemostatic agents.
Hope this helps.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources