Heavy period
my period is still going on for 18 days now. the first week it was light now it is so heavy with blood clogs. Is this normal or is this the start of menopause. I will be 46 this June. Please help!!
Hi, this happened to me and my sister.  My sister waited so long to go to the doctor that she was getting light headed and headaches.    Her general practioner just told her that she was going through the change of life and irregular periods was normal. She finally went to another doctor.  Go get a check up because continued bleeding can be a sympton of something else.  The doctor should be able to get you some options if it is that start of menopause.  Good luck!!!!   Kathyq
Hi, I'm 47 and i having problems like yours. For the 2-3cycles my bleeding period last for 22days.I was worried and went to my Gyne.I told him all my symptoms and was controlled,had paptest plus transvaginal ultransound and found out that my uterine wall is 27mm thick. Endometrial hyperplasia is the right term for uterine thickening.hearing those complicated medical terms..I went panicking and had crying crisis. My fear is too high coz my mom died of breast cancer. For the past weeks I've been reading all the possible medical explanations of Endometrial Hyperplasia...I?m schedule to have hysterescophy and my pap results is ready on Friday. I'm preoccupied too. I know it is normal to have heavy period. But when it last for 18 days fix an appointment with your Gyne. Don't worry you'll be fine. Ciao!
A presto,
Juana1960