Menopause Community
High FSH level in menopause
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High FSH level in menopause

I am 50, plus a few months, and haven't had a period in 14 months, so I was not surprised to find out that my FSH level indicates I am in menopause. I do wonder what it could mean (if anything) that it's on the high end of the range. My blood work says my FSH is 212 and that anything from 33 to 216 is "postmenopausal."

I've been having some anxiety and/or feeling down at times, having headaches, and losing  some hair at the front. Could my high FSH be contributing to my feelings of anxiety? I had PMDD before, so It would sure be nice not to have to deal with more hormonally related emotional distress. Or at least to see an end in sight.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Tags: fsh, Menopause
Related Discussions
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Well, there may be some correlation between high end FSH levels and how you feel. The symptoms you mention are all part of menopause. Some women sail through it with not much problems. Some need hormone replacement therapy. In your case, you may benefit from hormone replacement therapy, yoga, walks, and healthy diet. Taking calcium and multivitamins may help too.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank