Menopause Community
Hives and Perimenopause

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Hives and Perimenopause

I have been breaking out in hives, randomly and in different areas on my body for over 9 months.  The hives appear on many different areas of my body, but always appear on the outside skin of my vagina.  I believe the hives are a result of a hormonal imbalance.  I went to my family doctor who gave me some medicine to stop the itch but that was useless.  I have tried all of the over-the-counter itch creams - which sometimes provide limited relief but do not cure the problem.  The hives come and go without warning and do not appear to be an allergy related problem.  I sometimes wake up during the night with the urge to itch and find that I have broken out.  This may not be a common problem but it does appear to be related to perimenopause.  Please help and advise as to what course of action needs to be taken.  
I have just had the same symptons as you and to date have not found an answer to help with the hot flashes and hives that I have been experiencing in the last two months.

I have been prescribed with anti-fungal creams and benadryl.  Benadryl helps but only for a few hours and then it starts all over again.  

I was reading on-line on a product called HISTRARIX.  I will be checking with my doctor when I have an appointment with them this week.

Sharon
February 16, 2009