Menopause Expert Forum
Hot Flashes

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Hot Flashes
Is there a doctor who can explain why I get hot flashes on a daily basis, often 60 minutes from each other?  During the day they are often timed 60 minutes from each other.  I usually get between 10-12 hot flashes during the day and usually about two during the night.

Is there possibly other underlying reasons why they are so predictable.  (I've stopped wearing a watch, as I know what time of day it is because of when my hot flashes happen.)  

Do any other women have this happen to them?  
The most common cause of hot flashes is menopause and hot flashes are the most common thing that brings women in menopause to the doctor. Your symptoms are very often and must be affecting your life.

First get a blood test for FSH. If elevated it will diagnose menopause. Talk with your doctor about treatment choices. Consider estrogen and estrogen alternatives. Also lifestyle changes such as increasing exercise, lowering stress and drinking plenty of water. With some guidance, it should be able to help you control or reduce your symptoms and feel much more comfortable.
Machelle M. Seibel, MD
I completely feel for you. I am going through the exact same thing. It really intrudes on your life. Are you taking any hormones or have you tried anything to lessen them?
I have exactly the same problem, your not alone. Every hour almost on the hour and all through the night.
I feel your pain. I have them every day also. Not too bad during the day but just about every hour during the night. It is frustrating. Hang in there though.
Hi Your are not alone, I have the same thing i was just diagnosed with premature menopause.
I have hot flashes all day and all night long, and due to that i'm very stress out and my hair is also falling out...