Hot Flashes
I'm new here and wondering what's helped each of you with your hot flashes?  I'm currently using Effexor and Progesterone Cream.

Thank you!   :)
Has Effexor helped you with the hot flashes.....It does seem to be helping me as much as I thought It should.  Basically other than effexor I use cool towel on the back of my neck or a cold pack.  This seem to help, for me anyway, minimize the  length of the hot flash and the intensity.
correction...effexor does NOT seem to be helping.........
Effexor did decrease the number of hot flashes.  I thought it had stopped working about 4 months ago, so I started weaning myself off it.  The hot flashes worsened the first day, so I went back to the 150 mg per day.  I take 2 75 mg extended release pills.  I take 1 in the am and the other before bed.  What dosage are you taking?  How long have you taken it?  I've been one Effexor for the hot flashes (I think) for 3 years now.
I put my feet on an ice pack, it cools down my whole body much better that icing any part of the head or neck.