Hot flashes and headaches
Hey all, new to this forum but a regular over on the thyroid board.  I'm 43 and have my ovaries but no uterus. Recently I started waking up in the middle of the night and every morning with bad headaches. Nothing puts a dent in them. Then, the hot flashes started. All night long. All day long. Just ridiculous.  I had my thyroid removed 3 years ago due to cancer and my doctor does not want me taking any type of soy products or estrogen.  I've had blood work last week to check on my thyroid hormones to make sure it's not my meds causing these problems. But, is there a test my gyno can do to see where I'm at hormonally?  And if I'm having a drop in estrogen what can I do about it since I'm not able to do any type of hormone replacement?
Yes there is. Its a FSH test.It will let you know where your at hormonaly. Wether it be Perimenopause or Menopause.Hope this helps you