Menopause Community
Hot flashes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Hot flashes

I am 19 years old, just about two weeks ago I got on the depo shot. I have been on my period for 11 days now spotting on and off. And now I am getting SEVERE hot flashes... I watched my mother go through menopause and my symptoms seem almost identical to hers. Can the depo shot cause you to go through menopausal like symptoms???
What you are having are hormonal effects of the depo shots and should get better in a few weeks. Depo shots may cause irregularity in periods and they may become heavy, light or may stop altogether. The hot flushes should become better in a few days. If they persist then you should consult a gynecologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.