How do you exercise with hot flashes?
My peri-menopausal symptoms are increasing and I am getting a lot more hot flashes or at least what I think are hot flashes.  They seem to hit me when I get warm - cooking or any kind of exertion.  I've finally gotten my Lupus and fibromyalgia under control and am ready to lose all this weight and want to start by doing some walking.  I can't get very far without these hot flashes!  I'm not tired or hurting but I am exerting.  Is there any way to manage this?!!!!  
Oh boy! Do I know what THIS feels like!
I am a very physical person and am also forced to do physical jobs (hauling logs, and dog walks etc) and the menopause hot flashes were fun I don't think!
I would just basically strip off to shorts and vest. People used to think I was Spartan or something, they said the weather wasn't that hot....but I was! (A warning...always take a top or sweater with you. Tie it round your hips or something, because once the hot flash passes you can feel quite cool again.) It is a ridiculous thing...you put the top on because you're too cold...then you get a flash, and have to take it off again! On/off/on/off It gets mildly annoying!
I took a bottle of water with me, and drenched my face, arms and neck in it from time to time, to cool off. You could even get a spray with water in it, and spray yourself when you start to feel a flash coming on.
But do exercise. Don't let the hot flashes stop you doing what you need to do.
Hello there TrudieC,

So glad to hear that you get hot flashes when you are doing something warm.  I too start to get them during those times. And I thought I was just goofy.  I noticed it too even when I put a curling iron to my hair.  My whole body gets hot & my skin gets clamy, my hair gets sweaty,,,,My back is drippy,,,,

Glad to have this website available to me so that I can read up on what other women are experiencing.  I'm the only gal at work,, most of the men are younger than me.  It's nice to have info here at my fingertips.
I'm finding it difficult to put my makeup on, especially if my husband has just taken a shower and the room is too hot.  It's killing me!