Menopause Community
How long stays Progesterone ion the system?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How long stays Progesterone ion the system?

Hello! I'm 47 and on BHRT. Since I have increased progesterone(Utrogestan in Germany) on 200 mg daily for 2 weeks in the cycle, I'm experiencing sadness, weepiness, insomnia and feelings of depression, or like having very severe PMS. My gyno told me on the telephone recently that progesterone is causing depressive moods in some women, so I should discontinue with it to see if I will feel good again. I did, but I still feel only little bit better, ( 2 weeks later), so I wonder how long progesterone can stay in my system?  I never had such depressive and weepy moods before, so I can't imagine that I have suddenly developed a depression. My GP also thinks this has to be hormonal, she knows me very well. What do you think? It's possible that Progesterone is still causing me depressive moods as a long term side effect ?( it's also written on the package leaflet that the Utrogestan can cause a depression as a side effect)
Thank you and greetings from Germany!
HI,
Once administered in the system progesterone can remain in the system for 24 to 48 hours or slightly longer. Hence you may stop the drug and see if the depressive mood swings become less and also whether the menopausal symptoms worsen. For the mood changes psychological counselling may be sought. Consult your Doctor. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank