Menopause Community
I am Menopausal, hear me roar....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

I am Menopausal, hear me roar....

Ok I have a serious question. I am 39 and have a family history of women who start as early as 30 but my doctor doesn't want to believe it so therefore he will not test me. I did those homes tests and they say yes but he said those tests aren't real. Anyway... I know the truth and will just have to wait till I'm at the age he deems old enough to get some attention in that department. My question is (since he wont even talk about it) is having several periods in your cycle normal? I've always ran every 28 days, 4 days (2 on, 1 off, 1 on) for many years. Since I was about 35 I started having 2 a month sometimes and even 3 this 28 day cycle. Also I was always a light flow and sometimes now it looks like a miscarriage.

Also I was never the PMSy type. I got some bloating, start day fatigue and some breast tenderness but nothing I could really whine about. Now however I am like the poster child for PMS. My breast feel like lead weights are in them for about 3-4 days before and a day or so after, my normal 4 day cycle has lasted 5-6 some times, especially on the extra Aunt Flo visit and I cramp like crazy. I never knew cramping till now and don't get me started on Hot Flashes. My husband gets rather upset when I have to go stand outdoors in the middle of the night to cool/dry off. So is all this normal menopause behavior? Also any tips would be appreciated...
Please get checked for polyps or fibroids.
Also, get a new doctor who will test your hormone levels.  

Not that if they are low, it is caused by menopause, it might be cystic ovaries or something like that, but at least if it is low, it will get the doctor's attention and maybe some proper diagnosis.  (Thyroid tests, MRI of the uterus and ovaries, for example.)