Irrational behavior
My girlfriend of 6 years who is 52 years old just broke off our relationship and is experiencing some very irrational behavior. We were talking about marriage.  She has gone from loving to another person heading down the path of self destruction.  She alway argues about anything now,  wide mood swings, hotflashes, tells me I don't tell her she is pretty, I don't do the things she likes to do, I don't give her enough attention.  She most recently moved out because we lived together and said she needed her space.  Within three months she has purchased a very expensive auto, move into a new home, taken a trip to the islands and has a new friend  her barber that is 17 younger than she is which is the age of her oldest son. She is not currently talking to anyone including her sister.  This is not the person we know and love.
Some intervention is warranted but I don't know how to do it. How do I proceed?