Menopause Expert Forum
Irregular periods
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Irregular periods

I am 44 yrs old and am wondering if irregular periods are normal at this age.  My periods now come anywhere from 21 to 28 days where before they came either on the 25th or 27th day exactly.  Also, previous to the last 5 months they lasted about 5 days, if I started on Monday it would be finished by Friday.  Now, I am lucky if my period goes 2 days, sometimes it may go 2 days stop and restart on the 4th day and quit.  I was told that I had a cyst on my right ovary but these types come and go.
And, that the uterine lining was a little thick on ultrasound, about 10mm and the US was done the 10th day after my last period.  Is this normal or do I have something to worry about?  Are these symptoms of anything serious.  I am worried.