Is Megace/Megestrol commonly used for treatment of abnormal bleeding?
With an effort to stop bleeding I was prescribed Megestrol. Upon reading about the drug, I see that it is a cancer drug, which is used to promote weight gain. At 235 lbs I don't need any more weight gain. It also states that a side effect could be vaginal bleeding. This is what I need to stop. So I beg to question why it is that I am being prescribed this medication for in the first place. Any information would be appreciated.....thanks
Good ???  I too have been prescribed this when Provera failed.  I don't get it either and am wondering if I am not being told something.  I am actually waiting biopsy results so this is a little unnerving
i to have been prescribes megestrol for heavy bleeding and i dont need the extra weight and i dont care for the vaginal bleeding what is goin on here anyone with info please help