Menopause Community
Is a FSH level of 151.9 something to worry about

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

I'm 47 with severe menopause symptoms.  My doctor just got my blood results back to rule out thyroid, lime disease and multiple things.  He was surprised at my FSH level of 151.9 and ordered an MRI of the pituatary.  Is this something I should be worried about or is this a normal level for my age?
Tags: fsh level
Kizzy, I wondered about my own level, because one radiologist said I had a pituitary tumor.  Here is what I posted earlier myself on this forum:
I had a complete hysterectomy in August 2006.  In Feb., 2008 my FSH was 134.8.  At the end of March, 2009, my FSH was 169.11.  I know FSH goes up when ovaries are gone, but is it supposed to keep going up and in your experience, does it ever normally go up to that level?

However, the gyn dr. I've been seeing says this is nothing to worry about.