Menopause Expert Forum
Is early menopause causing constant UTI problem?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is early menopause causing constant UTI problem?

My mother had her menopause when she was 37yrs old and now she is 52. Since then she has been experiencing constant UTI problem. After doing urine test, she took strong anti biotics for the bacteria E-coli in her urine, which was making her very ill. Again after a month she developed the same problem and this time she went to another doctor who said that her uterus lining is very thin and the tearing cos of intercourse was causing the UTI problem and that she shld take hormones. My mother hesitated and went to another gynecologist who said that she needs to stop drinking too much water cos her uterus opening is small and the water remains in her uterus and forms infection and that she needs to get a surgery done to open her uterus for the urine to pass without any problems. She drinks a lot of water to avoid the problem but its not helping. Now another doctor says that she needs to get a biopsy done in her uterus to see if she has cancer and have also asked her to get a mammogram done.
I do not understand what the real problem is bcos not all these doctors have one same answer for the problem. Her blood tests and routine and culture urine reports are clear but she still has the same problem.
Please help me as to what she is suffering with. I need to know what the problem is because it is just getting worse.
Thank you,
Abha