Menopause Community
Is it safe to pull someone off Estradiol after 26 years?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

I have been on HRT-Estradiol for 26 years due to a hysterectomy at age 23,. double Oophorectomy at age 32 and I am now 49 years old. I tried 2 years ago to go off the hormones and my husband and i both could not live with the effects of being off the HRT. My symptoms were Hot flashes-severe, night sweats, vaginal atrophy, vaginal dryness, hair loss, dry skin, moodiness, memory problems, etc.

I am on Synthroid 100mcg and my TSH level is 11.46 right now. I tried to tell my GYN if she pulls me off of it that it is going to mess my thyroid hormone up even more, she won't listen to me.

I currently have lupus, possible sarcoidosis, fibromyalgia, inlammatory arthritis and nerve problems. I don't need more symptoms on top of this.

How do i convince her to keep me on it.

There is no history of breast cancer in our family.