Is this menopause?
My question is I am 41 years old, and have been experiencing hot flashes for 3 years, my periods have been severely  irregular, before this month it had been 7 months since the last one.  And then i had 2! I have also had a really weird scaly rash on my left nipple for the past 3 months, it seems to be staying where its at. I do not have insurance or money, are these grave reasons to go to the doctor?
How are you? Menopause is complete when you have not had a period for 1 year. The symptoms vary from woman to woman,  may last 5 or more years and may include irregular menstruation, hot flashes, night sweats, sleeping problems, vaginal infections, among others. In your case, you may be having perimenopause or the years leading to menopause. With regards to the rash on your left nipple, what other symptoms are present? This could be an infection or irritation  and may warrant further evaluation if it persists. Take care and do keep us posted.