Menopause Expert Forum
Joint Problems

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Joint Problems
Hi.  Two questions: How long does menopause symtoms last after no more periods for a year? I have joint aches & I work out and am fit for a 40-something woman-LOL!

Is it normal for lower belly to get more fat on it and breast size to reduce after menopause?  I feel like I'm looking more like a man.  Thank you
A. Symptoms of menopause range from one to three years for most. A few percent of women can have symptoms last for up to 10 years. Rarely they can last longer.

It is normal for breasts to be smaller because estrogen levels drop.  If you took estrogen, the size would increase. Increases in lower belly girth is also very typical. It happens in men and women.  Though we can