Menopause Community
Life after Total Hysterectomy & no HRT ---HELL!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

I've had a total hyster due to severe endo 13 yrs ago & still suffer from nightweats & "hot flashes"!!!
I've tried different things - with no relief!!!
I like to say that I can "sweat buck naked in a snow bank" - I think it offers a vivid description to those who don't understand!!!
Does anyone else feel the same - or maybe someone has a solution - that would be amazing!!!!!!!!
Hi Mich!

See the post I just made to Joyous22.

I also had a hysterectomy (fibroids- January of ’08) and I know how bad the hot flashes and night sweats can be! I know that many women who have had endo can’t take HRT.  It wasn’t prohibited in my case, and my GYN prescribed Premarin, which did help with the hot flashes and night sweats, but the physical side effects were so bad that I only lasted four months.

As I was telling Joyous, Wisdom Menopause Formula has been a lifesaver for me. It worked as well or better than the HRT for night sweats and hot flashes, and has done wonders for my anxiety and emotional issues as well. It is a liquid, and contains Peruvian Peppertree, Fenugreek and several other herbs (no soy or black cohosh). I take one tablespoon first thing in the morning, and I'm happy to say that I am sleeping and feeling better in general than I have in years.

Of course, with your history of endo, you’ll want to talk to your doctor first, but if it works half as well for you as it has for me, you’ll be thrilled!

Take care!

Lisa
I started taking primrose oil  a couple of years ago and the hot flashes and night sweats stopped completely!!  I ran out of them and forgot to take them for 2 months and they came back with a vengeance!!!  I did not sleep for 2 weeks straight from sweating so much even though my husband would be freezing and the hot flashe were horrendous!. Finally I realized that I wasn't taking them so immediately I  went and bought some and haven't had a hot flash or night sweat since the second day!  I really didn't think much of them or even realize how much they were helping me until I wasn't taking them. And boy were they helping!
The brand I use is from GNC I use the 1300mgs. every morning without breakfast. And I noticed that if I miss a day once in a while it's ok, but I would never go very long without them again ever!  and they're cheap too. I really hope this helps.