Menopause Expert Forum
Long, light period
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Long, light period

I have been having an abnormally long period this month.  My normal period is 3 or 4 days, and they have been regular for as long as I can remember.  Suddenly, this month, after what appeared to be a normal period (although it arrived about a week late), my flow seems determined not to end.  I have been going about 12 days now, and while it had been quite light, today it is more in the moderate range.  
I am 44, and am wondering if this could be peri-menopause.  I don't smoke, am healthy and active, and have never had any irregular paps.  I am a bit weak feeling today, but think that is probably because I am getting sort of worried.  This probably isn't related, but I have always had asthma--its controlled and I exercise daily--but today that seems worse as well--maybe stress?  I am under tons of stress as well, as I am in grad. school and teach, and the demands seem to increase daily.
I would appreciate any input on this--Thanks!