Menopause Expert Forum
Low Back Pain 1 week Prior to Period
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Low Back Pain 1 week Prior to Period

I am 38 and for the past 6 months have noted that exactly a week before my period (which has been erratic), my tail bone/lower back goes out.  It is quite painful, stopping me from running and a lot of other activities.  Also, it tends to go "out" during this time, when I lean over mostly.  I go to a chiropractor who adjusts me (and comments that it is really out of alignment).  And, on most occassions, I receive an acupuncture treatment (which really helps).  I am in pain, stress about it, have higher than normal anxiety for about a week.  Then, magically, the day my period starts, my back is fine.  

I have started bc pills (Yaz) for the past month and into my second month of pills.  I know this is hormonal with the erratic bleeding and periods.  They did a blood test to see if I was starting menopause.  The day that they took the blood, I felt fine and knew the test would be normal.  It was.  

I have a small belly-button hernia that is being repaired in 2-3 weeks.  I am hoping this will help my low back issues.  

Could this be related to pre-menopause / hormone imbalance?  I am to see my gyn in another month, but the anxiety of all of this is starting to take its toll.

Thanks for any help.