Menopause Community
Lowest dosage HRT- help now

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Lowest dosage HRT- help now

I have had night sweats (still get periods - am 52) and the doctor perscribed premphase, then lower dosage .3 prempro because I had awful side effects (headaches from HRT). The I recently put on a patch COmbipatch and still get side effects. Can I try taking 1/2 a pill of the .3 prempro - and will that possbily be enough for the night sweats? Doctor keeps saying see if you can get use to the HRT but I go on a 3 week vacation in 1 week and I don't want side effects now. What is the lowest dosage?
just want to comment,
i was having hot flashes, night sweats bad, and i also take levothyroxine for hypothyroidism, and was getting the headaches and nausea as soon as the premrpo kicked in (about a month) i actually did this 4 different times, i would go on prempro, it would work (a month later) and immediatedly get my thyroid symptoms back.
Double edge sword, take prempro - hot flashes go away get thyroid symptoms back (headaches and nausea) stop taking prempro - get hot flashes and night sweats back (with a vengence) so which is worse? Soi tried one more thing, i take BOTH at night, and unbelieveably, this worked.

when i first started my thyroid medicine i had the same problem, and was about to give up on it, then someone suggested taking it at night, i have no idea why this worked, but it was instant, the next day i felt like i hadnt felt in YEARS.

last night, i was about to give up on the prempro (i cut mine in half, so i take half of .3) and i decided "what the hell" try taking it at night and today i feel great. no hot flashes, no night sweats, no headache or nausea.

i know everyone is different,  but there could be someone in my situation and if it works for someone, i would be thrilled.

im sure there is some scientific or chemical explanation regarding this but i have done extensive web searching and have not come across the subject.