Menopause Community
Lump on head that doesnt move but burns, hurts, itches and feels warm t...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Lump on head that doesnt move but burns, hurts, itches and feels warm to touch

Hi, my mother is 51 years old and she has rheumatoid arthritis for about 13 years already. She is 5'1" and weights 100lbs. The last past 6 years she has been on remicade. Remicade works so well on her, that as soon as she receives the treatment she feels really well, but the pains and stiffness start to return as soon as the medicine starts to wear off. Lately, she have been complaining about shoulder pain, she describes it sort of the pain u get when u dislocate ur shoulder, not sure if it is from the arthritis because it doesn't really get better not even with the remicade treatment. I think it could be the fact that she is a CNA and does a lot of physical work at her job. The biggest thing she has been complaining lately is a lump that she feels on top of her head. She says that the lump changes in size and some times it hurts really bad, it itches, burns (burning sensation that kinda travels), and hurts really bad (this pain wakes her up at night). Sometimes she says that putting ice on it relieves the pain, but lately not even ice is doing it. The pain comes and goes, so today and tomorrow she might be fine and the day after tomorrow she might get another pain attack. The arthritis doctor said he doesnt know what it is, so that lead us to an empty street. Been trying to research online but nothing comes up. I am wondering if it is a symptom from menopause since she doesn't get her period since April.  Please let me know what do u think it is and what kinda doctor to see.... I know we should go to a family doctor and leave it to them, but sadly i dunno trust family doctors since they fail to diagnose me with GBS back 2005. Any suggestion or idea will be greatly appreciated !!
thanks
  • A Red Ring? (2 replies):
    This morning, I discovered a red ring on the inside of m...[more]
My husband had this for 3 months. It was...sorry...a tick bite infection.
really???? she has no marks on her head ...did he have any marks??? what did he do to get rid of it????
He only had a couple very light red tiny spots that didn't look like bites but he got a blood test for rockt mountain tick fever & it was positive. He took several antibiotics & FINALLY the internal bumps went away and he also was no longer feeling so lethargic & tired. It was odd since he really doesn't spend a lot of time outdoors but the DR said he could have gotton the initial tick from another person..GROSS!!!
thanks so much i ll def look into that ...MILLION THANKSSS!!!
my mother has the same complaint..its been for 3 yrs now...i dont think its tick though....it comes and goes
I been getting really bad heaches for about 8months, & 2months ago I started getting lumps on my head that burn and itch.. Ice does not help anymore. I am scared because my mom died from brain cancer 4months ago & she had a lump too that she would tell me would burn. i went to get a cat scan  4 months ago and they said everything was fine. I don't have insurance and was not born here so I don't know what to do.
I went to the Dr. Hr said it wad igrown hair, I also had one on my neck & he said it came out because I kept touching the one on my neck and made some liquid go on my neck.