Menopausal Hot Flashes=Severe Anxiety
My last menstrual cycle was in April of 2012 and I am 52.  I started having Severe Hot Flashes on September of last year.  They have gotten worse and worse.  I am taking Hormone replacement medications.
But my intense Hot Flashes and all its negative symptoms are making my life miserable; giving me Depression and Anxiety so severe I cannot function normally.
Lost my job, cannot sleep.  What would be the best medication that can treat Depression and Anxiety without making me sleepy all day?
What would work in my situation?
Medicines are available for distressing hot flashes apart from the HRT you are taking. Clonidine is a drug which might help. Discuss with your Doctor. For the depression and anxiety, you should consult a psychiatrist and take proper treatment. Lot of non sedative drugs are available and the Doctor can decide what will suit you best.
Hope this helps.