Menopause Community
Menopause? Arms, hands, legs and feet numbness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Are these menopause symtoms (symptoms)?

For the past 5-6 weeks, I've been having numbness/tingling in my arms, hands and legs and feet.  I've also had tingling in the face area.........mouth and tongue.  My eyes sometimes feel itchy as sometimes my skin.  I've had headaches and felt light-headed.  Sometimes my face gets flushed and so do my arms, like I'm burning under my skin.  My finger joints feel sore.  I can't hold a book or magazine and turn the pages, my hands and fingers feel sore.  

I've had blood work, a MRI of the brain, and a nerve test done.  All my test results are fine.  My Neurologist suggested it's anxiety or I'm hyperventilating.  Oh, I was also sent to Physical Therapy for tight muscles in my shoulder in neck.  The PT said I was fine.  The Neurologist told me to come back in six weeks.  Okay, but I still don't know what's wrong with me!!!  

Help!  Can this be related to Menopause?   I had a hysterectomy in 2004 and have both of my ovaries.

Thanks!

Your symptoms sound identical to mine. I was told that it could be menopause. I also have hypothryoid so they think that there is a link to that and estrogen Talk to your doctor and have a blood test done for thyroid. Good luck.

I have had the same symtoms (symptoms)...needles feeling and burning and tingling in my feet arms hands and now its going up my lets....Im going to have EMG test on 21 of this month...I have been going through my menapause for 7 years I am now 55 the Dr even put me on Paxil for my night sweats...and i also have anxitey to alot...i am worried about this test what they will find...good luck Suzzy my heart goes out to u ..i know what you are feeling
How are you feeling today ...better I hope...let me know ..we share the same symtoms (symptoms). Thinking of you ...slickaroo
I have the same symptoms of you all.

slickaroo, how did your test go?
Hi Princess thank you for asking...My Dr told me on last Wednesday that i have Diabetic Neuropathy
My EMG test came back fine...my blood work for sugar glucose was high 135 normal is i think 90 to 120...so now i know why i had all them symptoms..if you would like to talk just email me thanks Judy
I just went into surgical menopause and have all the same symptoms...I also had every
neuro test available, and they come back normal, From what Ive been researching, sounds like lack of estrogen-def a hormonal thing.
I am so glad you posted this.  "Itchy skin, headaches, lightheadedness, sore joints" are all symptoms I can very much appreciate.  I did a little comparison between hypothyroid, low iron and menopause symptoms and was amazed to see the similarities.  Complicated, I know but a good reminder to me to pay attention to the whole me.  My last workup in Dec put my TSH stable @ 1.31 and my Ferritin @ 18 (ack!)

On my low ferritin, I am very happy to say that since I started taking iron supplements my headaches, night time leg cramps, excessive menses, racing heart, sharp chest pain, chronic bladder infections, stomach upsets, swollen calves and sore joints have all but disappeared!

And I'm feeling less tired and more focussed which I contribute to being able to pay more attention to other important things like drinking plenty of water, eating healthier and exercising.
Numb arms, hands, neck tight, eyes spacey, weird vision, mind spacey like migraine but no intense pain. Just had period after 5 months none, then these symptoms appear. Replaced extreme muscle tension. Can walk better now but got this weird eyes, brain foggy feeling. sinusy, migrainey.
Cant concentrate, see well to type, work. Keep taking walks to get thorugh this time.
I am the same, hysterectomy with both overies, I am 53, arm and leg numbness, stiff sore joints, hot flushes.  feel better it might be menopause, was really starting to worry.
It kind of sounds like Fibromyalgia.  Have you seen a "good" Rhuematologist??
Oh thank goodness, I had no idea numbness/tingling in the hands and feet can be peri/menopausal . It's been coming and going for the past few months for me. Most recently, it's come on with a vengeance, I was thinking I was having some horrible neurodegenerative thing. But combined with confusion, weird vision, heart palpitations (because it is scary to feel that way I thought), memory loss, sounding like an idiot when I talk because I'm mixing all my words up, all these symptoms together are leading me to think it must be menopause. Had a vag. hysterectomy (I have ovaries) so I had no hint of menses stopping, but now this all makes sense. Phew. I hope to sleep better tonight-thanks for the blog. I do have a Dr appointment in a couple of days to be sure, but I do feel better having read this. Thanks all!!
I keep finding out more and more about menopausal symptoms here. We expect hot flashes and weight gain and loss of sleep etc. but what about all these other issues. I have been having this weird itching sensation on my face, head and neck at night. I take 1/2 a sleeping pill out of desperation because obviously I need to sleep. I have constant pain in my neck and shoulder and am told this is because of "mild arthritis". No medication will remedy this. I have been to the doc. a dozen times. I also have pain and numbness in my hands, my elbows and ankles hurt and I am experiencing cramping in my legs at night as well. During the day I am experiencing nausea, especially first thing in the morning. My anxiety and fear is terrible.I used to be so confident and now I am a mess. My memory is terrible especially with word recall. Please help, I am in tears.
This is enough to start one on a crazy feminist rant!

Why does being female s*ck so much??
Yes I believe there are a lot of symptoms of menopause that the world does not yet atribute to menopause.
I go for months without my period and thats when my hands are numb at nite.
But as soon as I have the occasional period, nite sweats stop and numbness subsides. Gee menopause symtoms (symptoms), I think soo.
Problems with joints I believe are also caused by menopause and I had a very popular orthopedic surgeon actually agree!
It ***** getting old!
It ***** getting old!
So glad everyone is attributing this to menopause. I wake each morning with one of my hands numb and I have to stretch it and rub it to get it to come back to life. Getting out of bed I feel like I have been driven over by a truck! After a while I begin to thaw out.
Next time round I am coming back as a man!
I am in the same boat, thought menopause was hot flashes, night sweats, maybe some head aches, not all these symptoms that I am getting just like all mentioned above
I don't know why we have not heard of these symptoms earlier.  
wow...I'm 40 almost 41 in October....I started with soreness in my hands coming & going a few months ago, then this past week tingling/numbness moved up both arms, into my neck, tongue & lips. It felt like my body was falling asleep from my finger tips up! My knuckles were so sore w/ pain, felt like golf balls. I started to freak & made a Dr. appt next week. I'm not a Dr. FAN since everything seems like a guess. After 2 days my symptoms have subsided & I'm feeling about normal except a little soreness in my fingers around the joints. Reading everyone's symptoms, this is the closest thing I've found to my symptoms.....thanks for sharing....I'm going to start w/ Iron....I will keep my Dr appt for a physical next week to make sure my vitamins or any other levels are where they should be....Good luck to everyone w/ these CRAZY undiagnosis symptoms it seems....Just when people thought women couldn't get more complicated!...wrong! :)
I really am desperate.... I am 41 and have what seems like a UTI for 6 weeks now. After about a week I started to have a numb/tingling sensation in my left leg and foot, foot is also very warm.  Then my right hand felt like it had electricity.  Then the sensation has moved into the right arm and elbow.  A little in the left arm and right leg.  This combined with pelvic pain in varoius areas, ovaries, bladder, even way over at the appendix it seems at one point.  I have noticed I have been overall a little warmer sometimes, until about two weeks ago and now I'm hot and cold at the same time.  It's like I'm cooking...

Have had four urine tests, two ultrasounds, a cysto (look at bladder), MRI (no MS), autoimmunie tests (I do have a positive ANA and Raynaud's, but nothing else shows up).  I do have anxiety from working FT when I really want to work part time and take care of my three teen daughters and anxious about them being home alone this summer, uggg...but life is too expensive and hubbys salary has dropped.  My doc is now checking my hormones which I am anxiously awaiting for the results.  He does not anticipate this is hormonal since I'm on the young side.  

I feel like a freak.  I look fine and I'm sure my family and friends are tired of hearing about my issues.  I'm tired of telling them.  I think I'm going to cave and very reluctantly take Effexor for the anixiety and I pray I will get back to normal if I remember what that is...  Also, anyone have a fabulous part-time job in the St. Louis area :)
Anyone who have a treatment for menopause proposed that works ???
I'm 52, still having regular periods but have been waking up at night with numb arms and tingling on the left side of my mouth and cheek.  Been happening a few months.  Never considered menopause could be the cause. I really don't want to go through a bunch of testing if this is a common side affect.
I found out about i-cool.  I can only find it at my local Walgreens.  It has helped my symptoms so much.  I had horrible anxiety and hot flashes.  I don't have hot flashes at all now.  I have been also sleeping much better again. I found out about the i-cool at http://redhotmamas.org/.  Hope this helps.
Thank you and everyone else here so much for posting these symptoms. I have had exactly the same symptoms and have been going out of my mind with worry. I am 49 years old and have been in menopause for about 3 years but these symtoms (symptoms) have only just started.
How are you all going now? Any suggestions ?
Iam 47 and was thinking I ALL of sudden woke up, and was a shell of my former self. I use to run 5 miles a day. Now i cant get motivated enough to hardly clean the house. The crying, headaches, numbness in hand, shaky feeling, kinda dizzy at times, and anxiety attacks. All are very new to me. This all feels like it happened over nite. However reading all these comments, I am feeling better about things. Thanks ladies!
I am totally with you!! Hearing that other women have these disturbing symptoms helps me a lot.  I am 57, have been menopausal for five years.  My most obvious physical symptom is the numbness/burning of my entire face, inside of my mouth, tongue and throat, neck, across my shoulders and down my back - feels like anesthesia that is wearing off.  At times I have a hard time focusing, my eyeballs feel numb too!!  Yes, and the foggy mental state along with anxiety really make life a challenge at times. How do I explain this to my husband without sounding like I am constantly whining or ready for the funny farm? I have had these symptoms for five years but recently they got a lot worse, so just last week I went back to my doctor for blood tests.  I  take meds for hypothyroidism and hope that my blood tests will explain what is going on.  
I have had a strange cold tingling feeling in my head for about 6 weeks now - on and off. I lso get this in my left arm and left knee - weird.  My GP has been  NO HELP!  She seems obsessed with the menopause.  I'm 51 and having erratic periods which are someties very heavy.  I'm vegetarian and anaemic - although this is improving as I'm trying to eat lots of spinach and dark green veg.  I've just strted taking iron tablets.  Today has been a bad day as I've had the tingling in my head and have been very emotional.  Think I'm just fed up with feeling "not right"!  I've just started on a course of acupuncture combined with acupressure and taking chinese herbs.  I just hope this works.  I feel like I'm going crazy and can't imaginIe just putting up with feeling like this u ntil the menopause has finished.  It helps to talk and to know I'm not the only one feeling like this.  Hope this helps others  who might be feeling the same.  This is a symptom of menopause I've never come across before and it's all a bit frightening.  With no real faith in my GP, who is not very reassuring, I'm not sure who to turn to if the acupuncture doesn't work.  I just have to keep thinking positively about it and hope it will work.  They certainly seem to think they can help me and acupuncture has help others in my family.
Hi ladies, I hear you all, I am 49 and have all of these symptoms i wake up at night and I cannot open my hands without pain. My hot flashs start at my feet and come up to my neck, it occurs every 10 mins sometimes, my doctor told me it is menapause. I am having a procedure done called Nova Sure apparantly this will stop my pereiods as I get them 2-4 monthly and so heavy they have to give me tablets to stop the bleeding. Recently they have clinicaly proven that HRT is safe, so I am going on that as I have spoken to several woman on it and their life is normal,thats what i want back as sometimes I cannot even put a sentence together. My husband thinks Im nuts and a mean person. That is just not who i am, I cannot control it, its very disturbing and if you can take a pill to stop it DO IT ...... Good luck to everyone. :-) I will let you know how I go with this non invasive procedure.
Hi! I had several of the frightening symptoms described here. As I think it is safer to stay away from doctors, I've done some experimentation with natural products found in health food stores and found a way to keep this under control. This is just menopause! All this weird symptoms are caused by hormone imbalance. I keep them under control with natural progesterone cream and unsulphered black strap molasses (this provides iron, which was depleted). Now and then I have to tweak the amount of progesterone when I feel numbness or low body temperature coming back, but so far so good and I've been doing this for almost 2 years. I hope this helps.
I have been reading all the comments and find it comforting to know that so many other ladies are experiencing the same things I have been experiencing. I'm 51 yrs. old and started pre-menopause symptoms 5 months ago. I too thought that menopause was weight gain, hot flashes, etc. but I also have numbness in my hands, tinnitus, anxiety, insomnia, dizziness/feelings of being out of balance. The weirdest symptom of all has been erratic blood pressure readings. Out of the blue my BP will sky rocket or get really low. Doesn't matter if it's morning or night. When it first started happening, I was scared because I thought I was having a stroke. I ended up in the ER and went thru a battery of test - all of which came back normal. After seeing my doctor, he thought it might be an anxiety attack but put me on low dose Prempro and gave me Clonidine (to lower BP immediately). The blood pressure spikes stopped for a week or so then the symptoms came back. I am now on a slightly higher dose of Prempro and although my BP might spike up, my body now self-regulates it down to normal levels. I went thru many doctor visits and much anxiety trying to figure out what was going on with my body. Has any one else experienced BP spikes?
So glad to have found this forum.  I too have been having numbness in both hands and both feet - more prominent in hands - for about 4 months. It's constant.  Last year started feeling tingly sensations in my head.  ENT gave me sinus meds and lots of pricey tests--no conclusion. Neurologist gave me the nerve test in arms and legs - nothing unusual, thank God, but no diagnosis either.  I'm in pre- very close to menopause.  I don't have hot flashes- some night sweats but I've had that for 15 yrs.  I did have a lot of the fuzzy brain memory moody stuff, but that's subsided a bit recently--perhaps due to change in nutritional plan. I have slightly low iron, but all the other bloodwork is fine. low heart rate, cholesterol, etc. Vegan diet-no sugar or processed food...   Frustrating that docs can't advise that maybe it's hormonal...
Oh my god! I have had the same thing - I never heard of numbness from menopause, so I'm so thankful for this forum! It doesn't seem to get worse, it comes and goes, and it travels around. It feels like tingling, or itching in my skin, and numbness, but only on the surface.  I can feel everything, and all digits and such work just fine. As a matter of fact, I've had more energy than ever lately, because my husband finally got himself a CPAP. (Little did I realize that I hadn't gotten any sleep either for the last 20 years.) I move around a lot, power walks on the beach, ride bikes, play taiko, so I couldn't imagine what was causing this. Thank you guys!
I can relate to all these symptoms: erratic periods which have now stopped and all the numbness, head heaviness/pressure, tingling, itchy skin, blurred vision which comes and goes and certain foods bring them on. MRI's, cat scans, blood work have all come back fine and I am healthy except for all these symptoms that make me miserable and I am thinking when I get the symptoms that this is it and I am going to just collapse!! Im relieved to learn that these could be menopause symptoms and I just have to grit and bear it but boy oh boy they are horrible. does anyone have any remedies that help, like the iron pills that someone mentioned. I might try those. Hang on there everyone, lets keep these posts going and encourage one another. we can get through this, I am sure!! Blessings to everyone!!
Hello. I have been reading everyone's posts.They have been so helpful I am 44 and have been having light periods. I am having a blood test done to check my hormone levels. But just before this period I have had tingly hands and feet with a burning pain in the hands. And also weird vision. I wake up at night really hot. I feel nauseous at times. Just out of sorts. I am freaked out. Any advice would be helpful. My Doctor thinks it probably perimenopause.
Thanks all. I was beginning to think I was suffering from some sort of nerve,  or brain, damage via disease or cancer!!  Now after reading your comments I realize it's just another symptom of menopause which is rarely mentioned!!  I'm 53 had my last period 5 months ago and, in the last few weeks, have started experiencing numbness and tingling in my hands, face and feet accompanied, occasionally, by a tightness (mild headache) round the top of my head.  I have also been experiencing (the expected) hot flashes and night sweats for some months.  I am a slim, sporty person whose never had any real health issues in the past so this was starting to freak me out!!.  I am much happier now after reading this thread, and feel I can live with this.    Cheers and thanks.  
Thanks for your post, as well as everyone else!

I'm not experiencing the tingling/numbness in limbs, but have had it in my scalp. I am desperately trying to figure out what is wrong with me.  It would be awesome if all my strange symptoms were perimenopause, and not cancer/blockage/seizure disorder.

Like you, menze, I was always very healthy, so this is all new to me.  It's very disconcerting!  But it is somewhat reassuring to read so many other women's stories, incl. lack of doctor insight.  This is really happening to me, but doctors typically either suggest I'm imagining it, or they just throw up their hands.
OMG!
Hi JodyDFB I am so thankful for forums like this!
My name is Christine and I too am sufffering from numbness.....but just in the back of my calves!! First it was just in my left, but now it's in both legs.
It is freaky and i was self diagnosing myself with all sorts of diseases!!

I am 50 years old and decided to go off the pill 8 months ago.... I was on it for 33 years!!! I can see where woman want to go on the HRT but i am trying to stay away from that for now. I am taking wild yam once a day and i'm really not doing too bad with the other more popular symptoms.

Let's all keep sharing .....it sure helps me sleep better at night!! :)

Savvy50 :)

wow. Im so glad to have found this sight.  I am getting warming sensations in my lower legs, feet and now in my left hand only.  Have had major panick attacks for the last two months..been horrible.  I have no thyroid. but have had my levels checked I was on 100mcg for the past four years since removal and now the doctor in the hospital lowered it to 88mcg.  I went to the hospital for gerd chest pressure and reflux.  after being in for two days with all my test echo, endoscopy, Im in a viscious circle.  You get to the point of whats going on with our body and its scary.   Now my GP has put me on lexapro, so I took my first one last night.  Call me crazy, but I woke up because of a thunderstorm and all of a sudden I got the worst heat feeling over my body from the chest up to my head. broke out in a little sweat heart racing, then shortly it all went away.  Thought I was having a panick attack...Im a mess...Could that be from the first pill of lexapro? I highly doubt it, but I believe Im menopausing.  Im 43.  now always worried every minute about what im going to feel next, cant live like this.  I was checked out at the hospital and cardiology did test signed off on me.  The internist also told me that thyroid and digestive symptoms run hand in hand. as well as many other things...The warming sensations I get in my legs feet and hands does not hurt just a annoying feeling.  Thanks for listening....
Hey girl, try to give the lexapro a chance, it's been a life-saver for me. I have been on it for 10 years and think that is one reason I think I will do better through menopause, which I believe is just starting for me. I am 55 and lately have had the mild headaches, body temp fluctuations, and numbness and tingling in my arms. Now that I have read all the other posts here, I am relieved to discover there are so many others out there experiencing the same things! Keeping a positive attitude and concentrating on other things beside my body is how I plan to breeze through it. Good luck to all.
Hi ...

Well I decided to do some research because I believe I am becoming pre-menopausal at 45. I just quit the pill Savvy and keep wondering if this is a good or bad thing? I thought it might regulate my cycle, but now the night sweats and the hand cramps seem worse? I only stopped because I started worrying about clots since the circulation in my legs does not seem good either. I do work out three times a week, but not much seems to be helping. Oh and like one of the posters above, I have that memory problem where you are putting words in that are not right! Oh happy joy joy. At least IM in good company.
Hello All,  I am 50 and have the same symptoms.  Most bothers me most is the wierd eye thing--feels like my glasses are too strong.  Also, flourescent lights drive me crazy.  Never had that one before either.  I also have a warm, burning feeling in various parts of my body, tight neck and left shoulder.  Sometimes I am so tired and weak I can barely raise my arms.  Other days are good.  I have just started a natural progesterone cream.  Hope it helps.  Doctors really need to do some studies about menopause.  There is just so much confusion out there.  
It is so good to read these posts and know I'm not alone. I'm having the burning numb feeling in the back and inside of both thighs. I also have vulvodynia, so I'm working with trigger points, but nothing really helps. I'm 52, in peri, and have given up on doctors, probably completely. The health food store is my friend. I feel like I'm falling apart and spend as much time trying not to panic as doing research online.
Thank you to all of you who have brought this up here. I am a breast cancer survivor of 17 years and I was becoming  convinced that the tingling and numbness were a dreaded metastasis. Or worse, some disabling neuro disease that would take me out in short order. I have had bloodwork done, waiting on results. I was getting really depressed, but this is so reassuring. I'm also vegetarian and eat no sugar. My disabling migraines are mostly gone and I will gladly take some tingly hands and feet as a substitute!  THANKS!
I feel exactly like you described! Within few days I became another person, with all these weird symptoms and anxiety without and end! I never thought that these could be the symptoms of the perimenopause! I'm 47 too and I have started bioidentical HRT. It helps a lot, but I still have anxiety, thouughts of doom and gloom, depression, low libido and other stuff. I hope that with the time my hormone levels will be more balanced, so my life would be more normal again..
I just wanted to say I have been having all these symptoms too and I feel sooooo relieved knowing it could just be that darn menopause. I can't believe I didn't think of it before now, every weird thing I've been experiencing (burning tongue, numbness hands and feet, numb ear, numb eye lid, on and on, my husband thinks I'm crazy). I went and had an MRI, ekg, ultrasound on my arteries, and saw a neurologist. I was convinced a dreaded degenerative disease that I don't want to mention here. So I wonder is anyone taking estrogen replacement for this??  
And I thought I was losing my mind. I had a bout of colitis which landed me in the hospital last September.  It took about six weeks to recover from that.  Then, after Thanksgiving, I started having numbness and tingling, mostly in my scalp, forehead, face, and ears.  Then one night I woke up with a severe panic attack, feeling like my tongue was swelling and I was choking.  To make a long story short, I have been to a number of doctors and had all the blood tests and EKGs.  Nothing.  My family doctor diagnosed Globus Pharyngeus, which is ordinarily stress related.  My symptoms have lessened to some degree since last November, but here is what I've dealt with: numbness and tingling all of my body, to include my whole head; severe choking sensation which eases at night but gets progressively worse throughout the day; migraines; severe tinnitus, which I had before but now is beyond tolerating; burning mouth and tongue, still with a feeling that my tongue is swelling; pressure in my forehead and nose, along with dizziness; mild visual disturbance.  I am 53 years old in active menopause, but I have NO hot flashes or night sweats.  Is this the trade-off for that?  I have no other health problems besides GERD.  I am 5'2", 125 pounds, athletic, take vitamins, make all our food from scratch.  I have tried: cervical epidurals and trigger point injections; physical therapy to include cervical traction; I have a TENS unit which does give some relief of the neck spasms.  Today I am going for a massage.  I also have an appointment with an acupuncturist on May 3.  I try to stay busy during the day, but I have no energy or stamina, and I found that taking a nap during the day relieves the symptoms for a while.  Trying to hang in there with all this, it is very difficult.  If I had only one or two symptoms, OK.  But not all of this at once.  I also meditate and use the self-hypnosis I learned while I was in the Air Force dealing with PTSD.  Thank God I am not alone.  No one seems to understand.  My husband didn't at first, but he has now realized how much I am suffering with this.
I have been reading all these comments with interest.  I actually was posting on a different forum a few times because I thought I may be pregnant.  I turned 50 seven months ago and it seemed like the moment I turned 50 my periods started becoming irregular when they were regular my entire life.  I am in a monogamous relationship and have unprotected sex, have had for the last three years with no pregnancy, although have only tested once when I was having symptoms and missed my period.  It was negative.  Now for the last several weeks I've had extremely sore breasts along with occasional nausea, usually in the morning and at night, or after eating, although not every day.  I too have sore joints, but I do have arthritis which has been gradually worsening rather than improving.  I also take a medication for hypothryoidism (very mild) and blood pressure.  I have also had many of the symptoms you all are describing, pain in joints, numbness in head, anxiety, etc., etc., I just recently ordered a book that was recommended to me on menopause so I'm hoping that will help me also define some of these symptoms before I go to the doctor sounding like a lunatic.  I have questioned my doctor on menopause previously and she usually says she doesn't really believe in the hormonal testing for menopause as it isn't too accurate.

Anyway, if I don't get a period here pretty soon I'm going to check a pregnancy test again seeing as my breasts are still extremely sore.  I was reading about that being a menopause symptom though too.  Do any of you have extremely sore breasts?
I had sore breasts for 3 months straight. I had to cancel my mammogram!! finally the soreness went away and went for my mammo.
I too am experiencing horrible symptoms. I have hot flashes during the day, night sweats at night and sleep is very little. I get the numbness and tingling in my hands, face and tongue also. I am 50 and this all started about 4 years ago, but has recently come on with a vengence!! I feel like crap all the time, bloated, hot/cold, heartburn, achy joints and now a new thing. My hands and feel are swollen for about 3 weeks now. Not major, but just enough to make my rings snug...Miserable. I had 2 periods last year and 2 the year before..None since November 2012. Ugh, I just want to scream. I am exhausted all the time and I have always been a go getter and on the go all the time...Now.... not so much. Work is a chore and I force myself most of the time to do the things I love. I have some good days zooming with energybut the bad outweigh the good. If anyone has any ideas on how to get through this please share!!! I also get palpitations and some anxiety but not too bad. My Dr did give me some Xanax for that, but I rarely take it. Thanks for listening
Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing so much information. I am 43 and also experiencing all these symptoms. Initially I freaked out and did not cross my mind that its a pre menopause symptoms. I am having numbness/tingling in my feet, hand and upper back till head, sometimes it will travel to face or tongue. The kinda burning sensation. On top of that I had sleepless nights. Seen many GPs but is of NO HELP. Doctor prescribe lyrica and some pills for depression.

I am thinking of seeing neurologist. I even went for chiropratic treatment but it is no help either. I hope this ordeal will not last long.
Hello everyone,

I am a 53 year old breast cancer survivor going through menopause with similar symptoms...hands tingling...worse after driving...really bad at night. They can feel hot or cold too. Irregular menstrual periods, hot sweaty episodes after the most benign activities. Hat intolerance and weight gain too.

My doc has me on some hormone replacement...estrogen(estradiol) and progesterone. I had to beg for it but my cancer was hormone receptor negative so she said ok. That and an antidepressant (lexapro and not the generic) help me sleep am shell the severity of the migraines but still do not get rid of the other annoying symptoms. They do get worse when I a skipping periods. FYI.
Ok, me again. I have an iPad with that darn autocorrect function. Sorry for the typos. I have "heat" intolerance not "hat" intolerance. I do not mind a nice hat especially in winter.

Also...the lexapro I take helps me sleep and alleviates the severity of my migraines. All things that have been thrown off balance since menopause.
Hi Stefanie,
How are you doing? What was the result? I am going thru the same symptoms as you mentioned. Initially I was freak out and went into anxiety mode. Had 1-2 weeks sleepless nights. But I am learning to accept it and move on life. I am currently still having period but its getting lighter. I am 43 yrs this year. By reading all the comments, I suppose this is pre menopause symptoms? I also tried acunpunture, to treat my insomnia as well. Hope in long term it helps. I am also planning to have my hormone level check.
May have an answer to help some with these symptoms.

It was good to find these posts - had been checking everything else and finally decided to check on menopause symptoms (lol).  I am 49 and also have been experiencing the extreme dizzy spells and eye fuzziness, hand tingling, achy joints, extreme fatigue, etc.. but strangely no hot flashes or vaginal dryness/infections. I am at the point of having a period about once every 4-6 months. Am also hypo-thyriod and do take meds (T4 & T3) for that.  So I went and checked for thyroid, blood sugar, blood pressure.  The thyroid was the only thing that was a little off and was adjusted a couple of months ago but it made no real difference.  As with some of you, I was extremely active and healthy and then all of a sudden, big appetite and weight gain for no reason, exhaustion, even cleaning the house was a big chore.

About two weeks ago I decided to go on a candida diet w/plenty of greens to see if symptoms would deminish - have heard there is a link to this and a rough or easy change of life.  I also added a different daily multi-vitamin.  My choice was Source of Life whole food chewable vitamins (these do contain a little sugar) and a daily dandelion root supplement since it is supposed to be a good liver cleanser.  I felt a huge difference within 20 minutes of taking the vitamin so maybe there was something in that brand that I was missing.  Anyway, within two days my symptoms were 98% gone and I am back to a full exercise routine.  Very happy!

Last evening I tested the diet and ate some bread, small dessert and a glass of wine.. The dizziness and hand numbness returned - just a little this morning.  So I have eaten well and have drunk plenty of non-chlorinated water for the rest of the day now and all is good again.  Will write back if anything changes for the worse.  Hope these suggestions help --              
Hi MC68
Hormone fluctuate thus hormone blood test may not be accurate even though blood best may show normal but it can be in perimenopause mode.

I am having the same symptoms - numbness/tingling in feet and hand. Burning warm sensation on the leg and arm at times. It will also travel up to head, face and tongue but its not intense. Only feet and hand are constant tingling/numbness. Period started to get light 3mths ago.

I am 43 and went to many doctors but it came back normal. I am yet to see neurologist for the test if it is a perimenopause symptoms. Reluctant to go thru all the neuro tests for now.

Lets all stay in touch and keep one another posted. Blessings to all.
Two words: ME TOO! I am stunned at how unprepared women are for perimenopause, the incredible number of horrible symptoms nobody talks about. I will be 48 on Monday, and like one of my fellow posters, feel like the healthy, happy me was snatched overnight and replaced with a scary, broken down body and a mind I don't recognize. I've gotten through the anxiety, the sweats, the dizziness, the fatigue, using the wrong words...crazy wrong words!...in emails...the headaches...and now for the last week numb, tingling arms, hands, feet, and legs. I was of course panicked, thinking I had MS. It didn't occur to me that this TOO could be part of this joyful time...but lo and behold, apparently it is! What DOESN'T happen to us? Anything? Why did our mothers not tell us about this? I remember my mother complaining about hot flashes, that's it. How do intelligent educated women get to this age without knowing that as you approach menopause, it is normal to feel like you may die or go crazy most of the time! Stay strong ladies! We made it this far...
Hi Christina

No, you are not going crazy! Our mothers did not share much as everyone's symptoms varies. No standard symptoms, and it can be from anyone from the list of 35 symptoms.

I have overcome my anxiety and depression by educating myself more on perimenopause. But numbness on my feet and hand still exists and sometimes will travel all the way to upper part of body and burning sensation on my face, lip ad mouth. It does not hurt but just annoying.

Embrace it ladies! We will overcome it.. :)
Has anyone had an "electric" feeling in their arms? For me it was from my elbow to hands in both arms. A few hours later the tingling began in both hands and both feet. I have a lot of the other symptoms (lightheaded, headaches, warmth in arms and legs, etc.). Thanks for any information. The experience was startling!
Hi LHL1134.
Thanks for your post.  While it's a bummer that so many women have to endure the pain(s) of perimenopause, it's comforting to know that I am not alone.  I am 45.  My symptoms started over a year ago when I got burning mouth syndrome.  After 2 MRI's and blood work, the docs were unable to tell me the root of this condition.  The symptoms subsided and now I only feel it every now and then.  Or maybe I'm just used to it.  

The numbing, tingling, joint, & muscle pain in my arms and hands started about a month ago.  Some days only one hand is tingling, other days both, and some days they both just hurt. I get joint pain in my fingers, wrist, and elbow. This happens to my feet and ankles as well.  And the anxiety is unbearable.  Like ChristinaV, my mind races to all the "what ifs."  It *****!  

My acupuncturist is convinced that it is caused by hormonal imbalance.  He was the only doctor who even knew what burning mouth syndrome was, and I'm wondering if seeing him was what made it go away.  I am seeing him for my current condition, but it's not a quick fix.  Anyhow, I am going in for an MRI on my spine and I have a follow up appointment with a neurology for an EMG.  Again, this sounds so familiar after reading all the other posts.

I think these types of forums are so important to women like me who feel lost in the shuffle of perimenopause.  In fact, this is the first time I've ever written in any type of online forums, and I'm doing it now, because I think it's important to support other.  Thanks all for all your posts.  Please keep them coming and please post follow-ups!  
Hi  omgirl572

Thanks for sharing your encounter. I have not got a chance to visit neurologist and do a MRI to find out what happened to the numbling. I would think its perimenopause. I still have the burning tongue and burning sensation on the surface of the skin and it moving around the body. I just trying to ignore it.

Fortunately my insomnia has gone, as I believe it was due to the anxiety. Try to relax and do not focus on all these. Just think that every woman has to go thru the roller coaster. Just hang on to it.

Do post your outcome of your MRI result. Embrace it! And let's go through together. Keep posting!!

Cheers
I just stumbled onto this blog.  I am 51 yr old female and for about four weeks have experienced numbness and tingling in my feet, hands, and lower part of legs.  The vision in my left eye has become cloudy.  I feel so awkard at everything I attempt to do and my thinking process is slowed.  Went to a neurologist who did a physical exam.  He then brought me back in for an EMG and followed with a Visual Evoked Test and MRI of Brain and Spine.  Neorologist will not tell me any results until next Tuesday.  Of course I am reading a lot into this and wondering if I am too old to be diagnosed with MS. I also think doctor must have seen something upon my physical exam to order so many tests.  Am I right? I am hypothyroid and have been on Synthroid for avoer 15 years.
I am reading  your posts, dear ladies, and I cannot believe what women are going trough.
I am 42. After a prolonged stressful period, four months ago I started having frequent chills and eventually -  tingling in my hands and feet. Being freaked out, I went to a homeopath, got medicine and then had a “wild drive” trough a some kind of “storm”. Night sweats, hot and cold shifts, numbness, pins and needles – especially in my left arm and leg, tingling in hands, feet, throat, chest, tongue and lips, burning in my left cheek, outbursts of crying, somewhat reduced periods, itchy skin, itchy nose and eyes, electric shocks in my left arm and shoulder, twitching muscles, sore joints…This was all accompanied by severe anxiety and fear that I had some untreatable, fatal disease (contribution by dr. google), or MS, or lupus, or… to the point that I thought I was simply mad enough to imagine the whole thing.
I did blood tests – everything turned out in normal range, except for somewhat elevated cholesterol. I did all thyroid tests (including parathyroid hormone), ionogram (Ca, Mg, Ph, Na) – everything in range.
I x-rayed my cervical and lumbar spine – there are lordosis, stenosis and some osteofits but, according to the specialist this can explain sensations in hands and feet, however cannot be connected to tingling in my throat, tongue and lips, nose.. (basically nothing from neck up).

I started taking SSRI to relieve myself of fear and I am more calm now, but majority of physical problems remained. One of my friend is doctor and she asked me about my periods because she thinks this could be related to menopause.
I admit I know little about menopause, but if this is a beginning of menopause I feel terrified of what is coming next.
Could this really be a sudden outburst of menopause symptoms?
I have been struggling with this for four months now and I am ready to give up.
Dear ladies,

Thanks for sharing and posting of the result of medical screening. Many of us are hit by anxiety when come to perimenopause and not fully prepared Occassionally I still have burning tongue, tingling and numbless on hands and feets but I ignore it as it is not all the times. I am trying not to focus too much on it.

Even my arms and at the back of my body feeling the burning on the surface of the skin. But again at times it will just go off...

Cheers up ladies!! :)
Hi Lisa
Thanks for sharing. Do post your result here to share with us. Hope all things are well with you.. :)
Hi littledidi

I share the same experience as what you are going thru now. So dont panic. It same goes to me numbness, pins and needles –in my both arm and leg, tingling in hands, feet, neck tight,burning in my tongue and lip, somewhat reduced and prolong periods, twitching muscles, sore joints. Plenty right? And yes that is the fluctuating of hormones I suppose. I have been reading alot as well. And trying to equip myself with the knowledge and ready to battle with perimenopause to menopause. Hang on to it :)
Thank you, LHL1134 for your words of comfort.

I kind of thought I was too young to be anywhere near menopause. Now I know that early menopause  refers to women under 40, and for 2 years now I have been out of this category :). So, it would not be anything extraordinary that what I am experiencing is actually the onset of menopause.

And you hit the spot by saying  - don’t panic, because this is exactly what  I was overwhelmed by. All my waking hours (including during the night) I was spending relating my symptoms to a whole list of systemic diseases, mental disorders, possible side effects of homeopathic remedy…until I hit this forum, it has never crossed my mind that I have been approaching this stage of my life.
Perhaps, I was in denial :(.
Hi Littledidi

Yes anxiety will keep you awake in the night and that is why insomnia kick in. I went thru that. Some happened in the late 30s, so it is not unheard of. Many women are not equip with knowledge and they went into anxiety and full of medical check ups. That is costly and it is a pain. Keep worrying non stop. Just focus on other things instead on this if you are sure you are in perimenopause stage. My period has gone sometimes short and long, which means irregular. I also have numbless/tinglings on my leg, feet, hand and arm. Occasionally have burning tongue. The burning sensation on the skin is still there, it travels around, esp on the back of my body and arm. I try to ignore it if it is not life threatening, it is just annoying. You will be fine, every women are going thru this, u r not alone!!

Hi all. I just got my results from my MRI and emg from the neurologist, and everything is in the normal range.  No ms, no pinched nerve.  As I suspected earlier, I am strongly leaning towards the conclusion that my symptoms are hormone related.  

The tingling and numbing and the joint pain are still there, but they come and go as if in a cycle.  Sometimes I feel no odd sensations for days, then it starts up again.  Hang in there everyone.  I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  The stress makes everything worse, so help yourself by exercising and taking care of your physical, emotional, and mental health. That's what seems to work for me every time I have any hormonal imbalance issues.  I start exercising more regularly, see my accupuncurist, take my supplements, and apply my progesterone cream.  It definitely helps with the anxiety.  Good luck and remember that you're not alone, and you are not going crazy! And you most likely don't have anything "seriously" wrong.  You just have to figure out what works for you.  
Hi omgirl572

Thanks for sharing good news with us!! Congrats!! Everything is in normal range. Yeah I suspected its related to hormone changes. YES, hang in there everyone.. as shared by omgirl572. Just need to find the ways that work for you.

I share the same situation as you. It comes on and off. I do not have burning tongue all the times nor tingling/numb feeling but at times it could be worst.. :( I have also learnt to deal with it gradually.
Good afternoon ladies,

So I just looked at this blog and I have seen that my mom is experiencing the same symptoms. She has pain in her joints and neck, and numbness all through out her body. She also has a weird knot feeling in her throat time to time. I was wondering if y'all have had any medicine that has helped or maybe cured it. Thanks for your responses.

Regards,
Michael
I am 45 yo and through my blood tests it shows I am post menapausal

I have been experiencing a crawling feeling down my spine, then travels down both legs. I feel a burning sensation in both legs. I have been tested for DVT which came back negative. I have hashimoto disease all my results are fine and under control.
I also experience the shivering unlike the hot flushes. I don't have the hot flushes. I am seeing a Neurologist on monday to rule out neuropathic pain. Currently I am livial only for about 2 weeks and endep to make me sleep at night. THe above conditions were waking me up at night since taking the endep I can sleep at night however the day I have these symtpoms.
I need to be sure that my symptoms are in fact menapausal and not neuro.

Hi Michael. I haven't tried any medicine, but I do take supplements.   Calcium, magnesium, vitamin d, fish oil, b complex and sometimes progesterone cream.  This, along with exercise, seems to help.  I know progesterone cream is good for peri menopausal women, and I'm not sure how old your mom is, so that is something you will have to figure out.  My acupuncturist highly recommended upping my calcium from 750 to 1000. I think this helped with my joint pain and tingling. Good luck to your mom.
Results all came out normal.

I have numbness in my legs mainly and achy back. Does anyone have nausea as well?
Hi whikey

Thanks for posting your result. Yes occasionally I have gastro discomfort and gas inside, thus will have nausea feeling.

My burning sensation on my tongue, leg and hand all came back again, on and off. For this round, it is not that alarm to me as it happened before. Learning gradually to accept and cope well.. :)
i was 45 when this happened to me and yep it ***** big time i am 54 now and what i thought was over has come back and bit me in the arse quite honestly the beginning of december and my bed is soaked every single night and my hands numb as hell its so horrid ;-(
Thank you for this forum. I am 50 and in July started having the tingling
'thing' on my right side. Was advised to go to the hospital but nothing came up. It comes and goes from time to  time and is very disorienting as I have had virtually no health issues in my life so have not felt so many bodily things. Always had super easy periods and am still bleeding regularly but this waking up in the night with my hands numb and also sometimes heart racing. I have found comfort in keeping lavendar essential oil by my bed and also in my purse. Also have found a lot of good old fashioned women's wisdom in Susun Weeds book: New Menopausal Years, The Wise Woman Way. She discusses a lot about herbs and more gentle remedies that are commonly used for this very undervalued but sacred transitional time of a woman's life. Leilani
WOW!  Unbelievable that we found each other ladies!  Imagine life pre-Internet!  We would be put in a mental hospital by now!  I too am traveling this perimenopause journey at the ripe old age of 41 (almost 42) and believe I have been on it for almost two years.  I have had all the tests...all...but no answers for my intermittent tingling.  No doctor in the last two years even mentioned perimenopause...including my ob!  I stumbled upon it recently and then found you all!  My acupuncturists (a woman in her late 50's)  collaborated my thoughts.  She said peri lasted for  her around 11 years.   She recommended the following herbs/supplements:  a good time-release b-complex, evening primrose, DIM-plus, 2 tbsp ground flax daily, black cohosh (if I start having hot flashes), fish oil and magnesium (not oxide).  She also recommended I do yoga a couple of times a week and walk daily.  Also...make sure I eat/drink enough calcium.  I think I do feel pretty good lately.  I say "think" because I hate to get too confident with this beast.  She did tell me that this is a time when I learn to take care of me...which is often neglected during much of a woman's adult life.  She did say that perimenopause can be worked thru with much more ease than many of us think.  I hope she is right!  I think she is! Peace to you all!
Don't know if you are ever on here anymore but vitamin D deficiency causes lots of neurological problems and joint pain.  I had tingling numbness from hands to face, It is very scary when mouth and tongue go numb. All subsided when vit D levels got back to normal. Now I am trying to figure out which of my left over symptoms are really peri-menopausal.
vit D levels checked? low causes neuro symptoms
vit D normal?  vit D deficiency causes neuro probs and damage, mimics MS
checked vit D levels? the neuro symptoms everyone complains about (MSl ike) can also be caused by vit. D deficiency
Hi Andslat,
Sounds like you are getting some good help. Did your person say what's wrong with magnesium oxide? I am convinced of how important supplementing the magnesium is, but unfortunately it's the oxide I have taken just because of cost...it can all get so expensive.  I hope you continue to do well. Thanks for sharing your post.  I am presently trying to hash through my different health issues to determine what is and isn't peri menopause related. this message board is helpful.  I think the docs might be just as overwhelmed as us, LOL.
Blessings
Hi reallybuzzed....our bodies can not absorb mag oxide (only like 3-5%).  Magnesium glycinate, citrate or a chelated magnesium are better choices.  Magnesium oxide is very cheap and that's why it's used.  I agree with you about vitamin d deficiency, however, that isn't always the case. My levels are tremendous and yet I still was working thru some mild tingling at times.  I have a very mild amount today at times.  I am going to start working out a little harder (but not too hard, which can cause issues too) and continue on with life.  I also want to recommend MSM for anyone dealing with body pain.  I encourage you to google it...pretty great product! Peace!
I'm 49. I have had 3 MRI exams. 3 nerve inductions. About 50 vials of blood drawn because of all the symptoms y'all are describing. Been checked for Lyme, metals and every auto immune know to man. Every tests came up clear. I am very active and in great shape the CEO of a large company and have always had an excellent positive attitude.  Well...all that has crashed because of these symptoms.   I don't want to get to personal but I have a question about these symptoms after intercourse...these seem to be greatly exasperated after this and wondered if any one else experienced that. I can be having minimal symptoms and then they increase so much I'm beginning to think it's not worth it.
Hi menopause....have you tried taking any supplements for perimenopause?  DIM plus, evening primrose, vitamin d3, e, etc are all good vitamins/supplements.  Maybe that would help?
I have been experiencing many of the symptoms listed in this blog for over two years.  This is approximately when my period stopped as well.  I'm now 48 yrs old. As with many of you, I have undergone nerve testing...etc as well as had many vials of blood taken out of me for further testing.  I suffer daily and am taking a myriad of vitamins and herbal HRT.  Unfortunately, I keep thinking that it's an unknown/diagnosed degenerative disease.  My doctor/specialists/chiropractor believe that it's either stress related (work) or due to a spine/neck misalignment.  I don't agree with them - I was really healthy and the symptoms match what I read on this blog.  I must say that reading this blog calms me.  Can anyone recommend a good BOOK that describes the symptoms we're suffering and what our options are in order to minimize the suffering?  I would like to download it on my Kindle.  Thanks!
Of course most things are rarely 'always', *I find it important to remember that on most things :)

It appears that absence of vitamin D for long enough is thought to possibly cause permanent nerve damage, so I feel very blessed that MOST of my neuropathies have subsided at all and actually, once discovered and read about, didn't expect as much recovery as I have experience.  Again, so very blessed.

Thanks for the 411 on mag, seems to agree w/ other that I've read...still very delicate issue, balancing the electrolytes and essential vitamins.
Hi Andslat,
Thanks for the response. I have been on HRT for some time now but my Doc has just prescribed DIM and some other supplements for low thyroid. I have switched to a new Doc who specializes in all this so I hope he can get me on track. This site is a blessing.
I was so ecstatic to find that I am not going mad after reading all of the posts about women with similar symptoms. I am 61 and am post-menopausal, or so I thought! I experienced dreadful hot flushes and sleeplessness while going through menopause. I also experienced anxiety, panic attacks, depression and terrible joint soreness. That was almost ten years ago. At that time I began getting tingling and numbness in my legs after exercising I was on Livial for five years which greatly helped with the hot flushes and sleeplessness. However, the numbness and tingling has become progressively worse in the last few months with it now covering my scalp, face (including lips and tongue, my torso and down the front of my legs, feet and arms. I have recently had a wide range of blood tests and they all came back with very good results. I do not have a thyroid condition either. The hot flushes have also increased dramatically, and these coupled with the numbness and tingling are a nightmare. I have been taking Zoloft for severe depression for the last twelve months. This has been very helpful but my have exacerbated my tinnitus which has become unbearable at times. I am also using Ovestin cream twice weekly for vaginal dryness. Like many of you I have also experienced fuzzy-headedness and dizziness. An MRI indicated some small areas of calcification but I was assured there was no cause for concern. My GP has suggested that I could go back on hormone replacement for twelve months but I am concerned about the risk of breast cancer. I did see a neurologist about two years ago about the numbness and tingling and he did some tests which showed there was no neuropathy. He said that sometimes people can have symptoms such as numbness and tingling and no cause can be found. Since reading many of your posts I no longer feel that I am going mad or am neurotic. Only women who have to live with these symptoms can understand how distressing they are.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Could-be-B12-Epidemic-Misdiagnoses/dp/1884995691

I am so relieved to read these comments, I am 42 and I like a lot of others on here felt like I was either going mad or must be dying of some terrible disease, I could not have imagined that all this tingling, aching or numbness in my hands, feet and face (especially my hands) could be the start of the menopause or perimenopause even though I have noticed that it is worse or better at certain times of the month like before ovulation or before my period. Along with a lot of other symptoms even though I haven't really had many hot flashes, the worry about the pins and needles and itching and aching hands etc. is affecting my sleep and making the anxiety worse, I definitely forget my words much more often and noticeably, the confusion and forgetfulness was convincing me I must have something wrong neurologically or have MS. I went to the docs and they have referred me to a neurosurgeon and never even mentioned the menopause. I am not wondering if there is any point going to the appointment if they are not going to find anything anyway. I will try to live a lot more healthily now and hopefully this will help with all these symptoms. At least I won't worry as much now! So thanks for all your comments :)  
I am so grateful to read all of these posts. I am 44 and began having the hot flashes and night sweats right after I turned 41. I was having the dizziness for a few years before that and thought something was wrong with me, and now I know it was probably part of this peri-menopause craziness. I even had a CAT-scan and my doctor found nothing wrong with me. From time to time I was getting the hot flashes and night sweats, and the hot flashes seemed to come on only during the winter, but were pretty mild. Last winter I didn't have any but these last three weeks they come on like a freight train and haven't stopped at all! They seem to be round-the-clock and in the last few days I started getting the tingling in my arms, fingers, feet, lips, the back of my neck, shoulders and scalp. Even at work the other day I felt it in my butt! And just the other day I have been getting this aching feeling in my joints in my right hand. I've been eating like there is no tomorrow, have had headaches, and my right foot has been tingling all day and I went on a run hoping I could run it off! I think it's the anxiety that has caused my blood pressure to go up and I never have high blood pressure. Even though I am so grateful to find all of you, I still fear I have some horrible disease. I am still getting my periods but for a few months I'll get them every 24-26 days and then the next one will wait until 35 days to come! I feel like I am going nuts with all of these symptoms, they feel like they won't ever stop. It's as if I am having some out-of-body experience! The night sweats haven't been too bad, I only getting a bit clammy during the night. I also get the insomnia from time to time, vaginal dryness and irritation, confusion,  and once in a great while my skin feels like I've got the "crawlies". I just bought some black cohash and remi-fem to try but I know it takes a few weeks to notice anything. My regular doctor is a year younger than I am and she is sure I am peri-menopausal. This has also brought on a tremendous amount of anxiety. Between thinking I am dying, I have a son enlisting in the Navy next week and then he graduates high school in May so I am sure having all of this other stuff going on isn't helping. But it really does bring some relief to read that all of you are going through this as well. And as one poster mentioned, if we didn't have the internet to find each other, we would all probably be institutionalized!  Thank you to all of you for sharing your symptoms and stories and for all of us to be able to have a place to vent! Good luck to all! :)
I too am very relieved to read all of your comments. I started with burning and tingling in my arms and then my legs about 4 mo. ago. My feet and toes are cold much of the time which I never had before. I was tested for many things, had Brain MRI, and neurologist thought I may have MS. I went through a lumbar puncture (spinal tap), tons of blood tests and a neck MRI. I had lots of anxiety, racing heart and raise in blood pressure, wondering what was happening to my body and waiting 12 days for test results to rule out MS. I was SO RELIEVED that I do not have MS (or Lupus or Lyme disease). However my symptoms have not subsided and it's been 4 months. I thought I would search for some other causes and came upon this site. It makes sense that all my symptoms may be due to peri menopause. I also have been extremely forgetful, and feel "dyslexic" because I transpose words all the time and often stop in the middle of a sentence and have no clue what I was going to say. Waves of anxiety come over me often and I frequently wake up about 4am and can't go back to sleep. You do feel like you are losing your mind and then with the physical symptoms it's quite frightening not knowing if you have some horrible disease. I am feeling a lot of relief just knowing that perhaps this is the cause of all these symptoms I'm having. Thanks for sharing and hang in there.  
Hi Andslat...
I am trying lots of supplements. This is all so disheartening. I now can add very weak muscles to my list. I used to do P90x and Tapout for an hour with no problem. Now I can hardly get thru 30 mins.  
Waiting for cortisol and metal tests to come back...maybe there is something there.
I'll let y'all know.
I'm on estrogen, progesterone, testosterone and recently came off of HGH.
Vitamin D and DHEA.
Trying anything at this time.
give it to god he is able i feel the same way i am 52 and feel like i am falling apart i have a husband and we have not been together in a year my body is slowly falling apart pray for me as i pray for you that god will see us through
Hello! Loved your post! I too have been healthy and active my whole life and now at 45 find myself with these crazy symptoms...Heart racing, out of breadth, numbness or swelling in feet and ankles also extremely thirsty at times. I hesitate going to the Dr. because it leads to guessing, a lot of tests and pricy bills! I am thankful for the women who shared after many tests - all came back normal.
I have always eaten pretty healthy being in the fitness industry most of my life, but would enjoy a chocolate or bread with butter ect. and allow treats here and there. Recently I cut out all red meat, breads, and sweets for 21 days- during that time the crazy symptoms went away. feeling relieved - I went back to "normal" eating and suddenly all those symptoms have returned! you have just confirmed and inspired me to experiment again, eating as much green veggies and all things that grow in a garden, more water, cut out meats, sweets, breads and see how I feel. It will be a sacrifice but it will also be a lot better than swollen, numb feet and ankles, and lack of energy!
Best of Life to all The Ladies!
scrolled down just to see the latest and saw your comment...praying for you nickybbb! and thanks you for your prayers too! He is the one caring me through this. no matter how bad I get there are only a couple of people who really know what I am dealing with and IF I do mention it to folks they can't understand how I am still going...it is because of the Lord.
God bless!
Hi Mandyniki and ladies,
Thanks for sharing your experiences. You are not alone. Occasionally I will still get the tingling and numbness, and it travels all over the body, even burning tongue. I kinda of suspected is perimenopause as my period at times getting light. I am turning to 44 this year. It could be genetic as my mom menopause at the age of 45. :)

Keep sharing ....
Let us learn to stay positive and live well. That will reduce the depression and anxiety. Life still goes on. We just need to learn how to cope with the symptoms. Once you have accepted the facts, you kinda relief.
Hello ladies,

I am sitting here crying reading all this, but one thing still niggles me. I have almost identical symptoms, and have hormonal migranes (migraines) without pain. Had migraine for three days then woke Sunday with numb leg. Although it feels as if feeling is coming back it now feels like pins and needles. It is mostly round the knee and lower leg but also a bit round my buttock. I am freaking out that I have something nasty because most people have it in hands/arms/head. Could anyone tell me if mine is the same and how long it is lasting is ok? thank you
Hi there
Cjelh, it seems you can have numbness anywhere. I'm very relieved as well to read all this. My periods are 35 days long, and for the past one and a half year I've had HOSTS of symptoms. Including fuzzy vision that comes and goes; worsening of near sightness; OCULAR MIGRAINES when my sight craks up in scintillating haloes; and since three days, ALSO numbness in my left arm and leg. The numbness (which feels like it's cold or warm or both) does not impair sensitivity and is not painful. Just weird. And it travels around my upper and lower left arm AND my upper and lower left leg. Now - since I've done the I-run-t-o-the-doctor and think I'm shortly going to die about fifteen times for different symptoms in the last 18 months, I'm really FED UP. Also feeling exhausted most of the time, scared, lonely, and lots more. I'm going to see a hormones doctor next week but thanks everybody for talking about numbness. And I really would like to know why doctors are so little informed about this. When i tell doctors "It may be perimenopause" they look like I'm crazy.
I'm 36 and have been suffering numbness/tingling over entire body, arms, legs, feet, hands, face including eyes,  cheeks, nose mouth last couple weeks. Similar feelings that accompany when I have a migraine. I just have felt OFF and scared something is wrong.
Is it too early  pre menopause??
Hi Chick1978

Best is to check it out with doctors. 36 is kinda early for menopause but it does not rule out the possibilities. Hope everything is fine... :)
Vitamin D deficiency causes neurological problems.  Low vitamin D is a big prob in America and just now getting attention. Have you had your vit.D levels checked?
ChristinaV: as if you took the thoughts right out of my head.  I too thought I woke up in another body from one day to the next.  I thought for sure, MS or brain tumor, etc.  I am very active and healthy minded, and now feel as if I am falling apart both mentally and physically.  My GP wants to send me for a battery of tests, very invasive tests.  After reading this blog, I am going to hold off and ride the wave.  My period stopped in November; and the tingling of all limbs, face and GERD started in April.  I have been so worried.  Thank you so much, ladies!!  Keep strong and know you are not along.
My mother is 54 years old, and for the past few days, she has been experiencing the same symptoms as most of you here -- numbness in legs and hands, especially after waking up and finding no energy at all in her legs and hands. She also feels tired/out of breath easily and her palms feels as though there are needles poking against it. She's also experiencing hot flushes and feels extreme heat on her stomach. She has went for checkups and nothing out of the extraordinary except BP is a bit higher than usual (around 160/94). Any advices to deal with this? My mother's a bit of a worry-wart so she can't stop worrying about her conditions. Would be great if you guys could response and tell me what to do to help my mom feel better. Thanks! :D
I cannot raise both my arms very high ,it feels like I've done a work out at the gym ,the muscles as are sore and painful ,my arm also feel very heavy and weak ,I started go  through the menopause about a year ago ,my legs ache a lot too , and I find it hard to walk upstairs .does anyone else have these problems ? Sue.
Hello I am also almost 54 in few months and have had the numb right leg and foot since this March for three months now and it is on a daily basis.  How is your numbness ?  Is it on a daily basis ?  Please lets share storys.
Ok to all who have the numbness in where ever legs feet hands etc.  Has anyone ever had a doctor tell them MENOPAUSE ????   They all seem to be clueless.  Just curious if anyone had any information.
I have numb sensations, as well as burning pain in both arms and both legs. Also have twitching in muscles. Doctors don't know what to do for me. It's so frustrating!
Wells have you been to any doctors ?  If so, what testing did they do for you.  Are you in perio or menopause.  Just curious.

Cathy
I am 55 and am going through peri-menopause.  I haven't had a period in 5 months, and have been having hot flashes and night sweats off and on for almost a year. I am healthy and slim and do not have health problems in general (other than high blood pressure which is controlled with meds and Raynaud's). I began experiencing the partial numbness, nerve pain, and weird sensations in my hands, wrists and lower arms first, and thought it was carpal tunnel syndrome.  Then my feet, ankles, and lower calves had the same sensations.  I had a nerve test and an EMG done on my hands/wrists/arms by the neurologist, by recommendation of my family doctor and a hand specialist, and the tests showed no carpal tunnel nor any other neuropathies.  The neurologist recommended that I have blood tests for thyroid disorder, lymes disease, vitamin B-12 deficiency, and folic acid deficiency, all of which limb paresthese are characteristic symptoms.  My blood tests came back normal.  After finding this site, and reading a site about the 34 symptoms of menopause, I came to the conclusion that my numbness is caused by the hormone depletion due to menopause.  I started taking a black cohosh supplement, which is a plant sterol that mimicks estrogen but does not contain estrogen, and my numbness/nerve pain symptoms have improved significantly!
Hi there.  I was reading your post and I also wanted to start taking black cohosh but also take a BP medication and if you take a BP medication you are supposed to avoid black cohosh.  I read that somewhere.  Glad your tests came back all negative.  It is ironic that all this started for you 5 months after no period.  I am 17 months now but mine started 12 months after no period.

I have also had a rough time with perimenopause, it all started at 47 and I have never been the same since.  I am now 50 and started experiencing numbness in my left heal which slowly travels to my foot, calf then my index finger goes numb.  I have been to two neurologist who have assured me it is not MS or a stroke.  The second neuro I saw performed an EMG test which was normal and recommended an MRI to be sure.  He thinks that I am having silent migraine attacks (no pain but with aura).  The MRI should show spots if these are in fact migraines.  But because I have had every symptom know during perimenopause, I am starting to lean towards that.  I am starting to have a month here or there where I actually feel normal so hopefully this
nightmare will end soon.  So believe when I say I understand what you are going through, stay strong and keep active.
I've had every neurological test possible, and nothing comes up. It's been a great relief to find this site! Hope you are feeling better, Bricktownshipcouple! Have you been through a battery of tests? I know I'm peri, because my periods are irregular and I get heart palpitations and hot flashes, mostly at night.
All my symptom are much like yours, wish you luck in finding cause as well as myself. Anxiety is no stranger to me, I've had that since my teens and I'm 45 now. That is why I'm caution not to run to doctor cause they will just blame that and not check all.
I mirror all of your symptoms and concerns.  I could jump out of my skin at times.  I just want this to end.  Let's all hang in there together.  Cheers, girls.
I did read that people with high blood pressure who take medicine to lower their BP should use caution in taking black cohosh supplements. Per the cancer.org website, Germany has approved use of black cohosh, and their regulatory agency for herbs recommends that black cohosh not be taken for more than 6 months in a row. I did ask my GP if I could take it, and he did not object, but I do intend to stop taking it after a few months to be cautious.
Hi everyone,
I am 42 and my doctor believes I am peri-menopausal. My blood tests show me as at post-menopausal range. Is anybody currently experiencing:
eye pain/soreness?
weakness and sore joints in hands, feet, elbows, neck, back, knees?
numbness and tingling in hands and feet?
I am experiencing all of these symptoms with insomnia, itchy and dry skin, plus brain fog, word recall problems and just generally feeling exhausted and lousy. I do have hypothyroidism. I also managing depression and anxiety. UGH.
Does anybody have the same symptoms? I was put on transdermal gel (estrogen) but was taken off due to sore joints.
I am taking extra Omega-3, B-100 Complex, Vitamin D, plus my regular anti-depressant/anxiety meds. I am also on birth control as a form of hormone therapy.
Thanks!
I found out in my 20s that I was going through menopause!! I was devastated. I was put in birth control pill (ironically) as a hormone substitute. I took a break from for a few months and recently restarted. I've got tingly feelings in my fingers and had achy arms. I so scared it could be some awful disease.  I can't cope with any more bad news.
I too am having much of the same symptoms as many of you. I am about to turn 43.   Numbness and tingling sometimes all over, sometimes just in an extremity.  Anxiety has been really bad, lightheaded at times, vision got worse, forgetfulness, feel heart palpitations sometimes.  Been to many doctors thinking something really bad is going on.  Neurologist did nerve conduction, EMG and everything normal.  Thyroid normal.  Tons of labwork all normal.  Cardiologist did echo, stress test, holter monitor.  Said everything looks great.  I do have occasional PVC but that is completely normal as almost everyone has them.  Hit my head really hard 2 months ago and had a ct scan which was normal.   Finally saw my gyn who thinks my progesterone drops too low after ovulation.  My cycles have been really light.  Most of my symptoms go away after I start my cycle until around ovulation then it is all down hill for about 2.5 weeks.  He prescribed progesterone pills to take from ovulation till I start my cycle.  He also has me on a good mulit vitamin with D, grape seed extract 100mg, coq10,  fish oil, and a sustained release b complex that also has vit c in it.  Have been taking the vitamins and supplements for some time now and they have helped with some of the symptoms but the numbness and tingling and increased anxiety have started about 5 months ago.  It makes me feel better knowing I am not alone with these symptoms and that I can get through this as we all will.
I have all of this I am also in menopause thinking the worst cant get a thought out straight my anxiety is out of control .. had an mri done it came back normal so as I read on it this Blog it looks like we are all suffering from Menopause symptoms so we have to just grin and bare them till it passes so far its 4 years for me ...Good luck Ladies .
I wouldn't settle for the notion this is ALL menopause related.  

Sometimes there are very simple resolutions being overlooked.  Many signs being complained about on this thread are also symptoms and signs  of several vitamin and mineral deficiencies...mainly vitamin B-12 and vitamin D , both can cause neurological problems.  AND in fact women our age are on so many stomach meds and antacids on top of eating poorly (and being told to wear an overload of sunscreen) that these important vitamins cannot be manufactured through our skin or  by our digestive tract and so we are almost ALL deficient unless we have already specifically addressed it with supplements and attention from blood tests.

I really hate the thought of so many settling for "it must be menopause" when it is possible there is something that can be fixed for some of it...
Go to another neurologist!   I went to many before my diagnosis, and so do others. Some never get diagnosed after seeking one for many years.  I'm 47 and was diagnosed with a rare genetic, chronic,
progressive, degenerative disease (HSP) with most of those same symptoms.  You just can't tell whether it's menopause or not, but it was just too many symptoms for menopause, I think.
I had the same issues. I went to so many drs had so many tests all negative. I take endep 20mg it has helped a lot and the anxiety best to meditate. I think it's all related. I suffered neck shoulder and jaw problems for 2 years.
I have been having a lot of this, plus horrendous heavy bleeding, sore boobs, and even numbness and tingling in my face.  After bloods, etc and numerous visits to GPS and Rheumatologist, the latest thoughts are :  perimenopause, with anxiety!!!!! and perhaps trapped nerve in my neck due to mild arthritis in neck - My GP started me on a mild dose of Citalopram yesterday and said I should notice fewer menopausal symptoms and anxiety very soon.  Going to see gynae also tomorrow.

We are all in this together, girls!!
Hi there

You sound moreorless like me!  I have sore shoulders, stiff neck, really sore fingers and hands and tingling and numbness all over the place, including my face.  It comes and goes and my GP says numbness is common at our stage of life!!  My bleeding has been so terrible than I am having an ablation (whatever that is) done on Tuesday.  

I think I have started hot flashes as well.  Had my head in the freezer this morning!

Stay positive!
Hi there   I am 46.  No period for 4 months.  Three weeks ago after 3 concurrent UTI's (never had them before) I asked my doctor for some estrogen cream as I had read it lessened risk of UTI's due to diminishing estrogen thinning the vagina wall making bacteria easier to enter the blood stream.   Immediately I applied the generous amount of prescribed cream I suffered numb toes, blurred vision and palpitations (symptoms been constant ever since)- infact I went to A&E at the time I was so terrified!  I think the cream upset my personal hormonal balance  That week both my deloved dogs died and my brother had a serious operation so I was also incredibly stressed out. Following a clear MRI and neuro tests after reading this site am convinced the symptoms are due to hormonal changes brought on by messing with my hormones - ironically I had no numbness before applying estrogen pessaries!  Am waiting for a load of blood tests but am resigned to the fact that I will seriously have to tailor my diet avoiding candida, good quality vitamins, natural progesterone cream  cut out sugar and alcohol and drastically reduce stress levels to assist and if I need to take estrogen to do it gradually!  Good luck with your journey - thank god for this site!
Hi there   is very interesting to hear of your numbness.   Four weeks ago I experiencing tingling in all the toes in my left foot.  This then turned to numbness and now covers the front of my left foot.  Yesterday it went up my left calf and I also have tingling fingers!   Mine came on after I took oestrogen cream in an attempt to combat recent spate of UTI's (some show infections, others are clear although symptoms identical).  My GP didn't test my hormone levels before prescribing the cream; just assumed because of my age it was my erratic hormones to blame. I think the cream upset my hormones further hence the constant numbness.  Its very scary.  I am 46 and not had a period for 4 months.  Am trying to keep busy but its not easy as I'm aware of the numbness the whole time! Having all the usual blood tests and expect results next week.  MRI clear as is nerve test.  At no point has any medical practitioner mentioned it could be due to hormone upset!! I even wondered if I had drug induced neuropathy but estrogen cream isn't on the list that can bring on such a problem. After reading this forum I began to think maybe it could that my hormones were upset by the cream hence the numbness but had to work this out for myself!  When I mention the possibility they think I'm crazy.  Its such an upsetting symptom I feel terrible for all those ladies out there experiencing such an issue - it makes you feel so alone and worried.  Thank god for this forum where we can share our experiences.  How are you??   Sorry am rambling somewhat!!
Hi Tracie1968

Im 50 and haven't had a period for 6 months and have had almost identical numbness that you describe in my feet.  It started 5 months ago with tingling in the arch of my right foot and has progressed to the entire foot with a strange sensation - almost as though I've got a sock on.  I've been taking natural progesterone cream and am now wondering if that could have thrown off my hormone balance.

Hopefully the medical profession will take note of all these posts and do more study on menopause.  It wouldn't be so scary if  we were educated to expect symptoms other than hot flushes!!  Keep the faith girls you are definitely not alone!!!!!!  :0)
Hi Jules    thanks so much for your reply.  I can relate entirely to what you're experiencing.  It feels just like you have a sock on.  Sometimes like Ive got a plaster around each toe!  Im sitting at my computer now a feeling of electricity buzzing away in my right foot!!  Ive just returned from the doctors and all blood works fine but so far as hormones are concerned these show a serum LH level of 31.7 and a FH level of 25.5 which are both said to be "post menopausal" whatever that means exactly!!!  I am seeing a neurologist on Monday and hope they will give me a nerve test.  Its so very odd how the estrogen cream seemed to spark the whole numb foot issue off.  I have also been taking natural progesterone.  It really does make you wonder if like you the treatment has upset our hormones. Its so hard to know what to do for the best.  I am praying for my next period (whenever that happens!) to see if the numbness goes.  If neuro tests are fine think I am going on HRT to see what happens then!!  Can't put up with this numb foot all the time.  All the very best to you Jules and all those ladies out there experiencing similar.  Thank god for this forum;  I read it regularly to put my mind at rest;  its great to feel in such good company!!!!
Hi everyone   just to say my blood results have also come back fine. Ive been vegan for the past 20 years but have always made sure Ive didn't become deficient in any vitamins, iron, calcium etc so I was interested to see the results.  Results show good levels alround and no deficiency whatsoever.  Serum LH Level 31.7 and Serum FSH level 25.5 which would suggest I am perimenopausal : around 50 is menopausal.  So all tests that can be done have been done and still no clearer.  Still got numb left foot and toes and on waking my right hand feels like Ive laid on it and its dead!  It comes back to life after a few minutes - wish my toes and foot would!  I think I am going to try Black Cocosh and see if the numbness improves and if not resign myself to taking HRT - cant put up with these symptoms if I don't have to!  I just wish a period would come so I can see if the numbness goes  - last period 4 months ago.  In the meantime cutting out sugar, alcohol and bread to see if that helps.  Interestingly when I was around 25 I had vision problems and numbness on a small area at the front of my head (just under the skin) and dizziness for several months and I went through all sort of neuro tests. I was going through some horrible stressful times.  All symptoms vanished suddenly after 3 months. Looking back I think the stress badly upset my hormones which caused the symptoms - there could have been no other explanation; the symptoms never re-appeared.   Hormones: bless them!!!!  take care ladies.  If HRT works I will report results back!!!
I'm 48, get my period like clockwork every four weeks so didn't consider perimenopause. About four weeks ago, I suddenly had insomnia for about a week , felt completely revved up, heart palpitations, and anxiety. That subsided and then around the middle of my cycle I started getting tingling sensations all over, especially hands and legs, but also back and front. Worse when I lie down and each morning. Then it went to more of a numb feeling especially in tips of my fingers. I was convinced I have MS. I've been to general dr who ruled out vitamin deficiencies, thyroid issues, or diabetes. I am now scheduled to see a neurologist. But reading what you and others wrote on the forum, I'm thinking it might just be perimenopause which is very relieving. Does exercise help relieve symptoms for anyone>
Hi there  I can certainly relate to the sudden insomnia.  I usually sleep like a log but of late have found myself just lying in bed unable to return to sleep.  Anxiety too although I had been putting that down to the unwelcome symptoms.  I have experienced tingling mainly in my feet, abit in my hands and down the left calf with constant numbness in toes on left foot and a horrible tingling, pin/needles in the arch of that foot which is incredibly distracting. Mine are a whole lot worse when I drive, lie down or put my feet up on a foot stool.  I find to walk briskly definitely helps - its odd you would think it would work the other way round.  My neurologist says that during the perimenopause nerves are very much heightened which might explain our symptoms.  When I had the nerve test and had a sharp pin pushed into the toe on my 'numb' foot the pain was much more acute in those toes that the 'normal toes' which again would account for heightened nerves. I found on the internet site of  "e-how" -  "weird and unusual symptoms of the perimenopause" reference to numbness,  tingling,  tongue burning etc - its the first time I had seen it mentioned on the net.  I too was worried about MS but Ive had extensive tests and nothing shows at all. Might be worth you having a blood test to check your hormone levels and then considering HRT of some sort if the symptoms do not subside. Good luck and try not to worry.
thanks
I went to the neurologist yesterday and he said he could find nothing wrong so that's reassuring. He is sending me for an MRI just to be sure. The symptoms are defnitely worse when I'm anxious about it - I probably also focus more on my body then. But it's still happening and when it  does I do get anxious.,. So it's helpful to hear that you have such similar symptoms.
Have you tried any HRT?
Does anyone find that these symptoms correspond to where they are in the cycle (if you are still getting your period)
Also, anyone have any success with natural hormone alternatives for these symptoms - increased phytoestrogens, tofu, etc.
How about B complex?
Caroline
I forgot to mention that mine are also much worse when I lie down-then the tingling really goes wild. And yesterday while driving my leg was bothering me so much, I had to pull over to the side and switch drivers. I also feel best when moving around like walking.

I have all the same symptoms.  is this just menopause?  I am in tears 20% of the day.  is there a treatment?
I have all the same symptoms - did you ever find relief?  Liz
I'm 52 (no cycle since March 2014) and about 3 months ago, I started to have skin burning sensations.  Like a horrible sunburn.   Started on my face, then went to the tops of my feet and hands then legs and arms, then back and chest and now ears and scalp.   I burn from head to toe along with heartburn.

Had a ton of bloodwork:  ANA/CRP/SED/Iron/Glucose/A1C/thyroid/B12 etc.  All normal.   I even went to an neurologist and had a brain MRI..perfectly normal.  Neurologist said anxiety and sent me back to my GP.  My GP said anxiety and menopause.  She gave me Zoloft 25mg which I just started a few days ago.  

If this is how things are going to be..I don't know how I will ever survive. I feel like I was dunked in hot water.

Also have headaches, crying spells, can't keep my eyes open sometimes and other times, can't fall asleep.

I thought when I was done with perimenopause and was in menopause, things were supposed to start to get better but instead...they have gotten worse.   UGH!
Hi:
I'm not sure if exercise helps everyone, but I certainly don't think it hurts.  In fact, the reason I'm reading this forum now (after not reading it for almost a year) is because I recently had a flare up of burning mouth syndrome and tingly feeling on my face after not having it very bad for awhile.  (The numbness and pain in my hands are arms have gone away completely.) Coincidentally, I haven't been doing my regular exercises for about 3 months.  After the flare-up began, I started running again 2 weeks ago, and I'm hoping this will help.  For me, running accomplishes 2 things:  helps with my anxiety and helps with the blood circulation.  It also makes me more tired at night, so I sleep better.  My acupuncurist told me that hormonal imbalances, whether it is perimenopause or menopause or whatever, can cause anxiety and that anxiety can manifest in many ways for different people.  

Just to let you know, I'm 46 and I've been experiencing perimenopause symptoms for the past 6 years.  It started out with just mild anxiety and now it's a range of symptoms.  The good things is that it comes and goes for me.  I think they use the term "perimenopause" in the medical field as the time when periods start changing, but I have also been told that it can take 10 years of fluctuating before even that happens. Yuck!

So, for now, I try not to be too worried about it and try to do all good things for my body (rest, exercise, supplements, eating healthy).  I also use an OTC bio-identical progesterone cream that I get from the health food store  whenever I'm feeling out of balance.  

Good luck to you.  Hope you feel better soon.  
I have so much buzzing and stiffness in my feet and calves.  The numbness comes and goes in my toes and feet. 3 months since my last period.
Hello all. I am 49 and my hormone tests, which I received today, show that I am post menopausal. I have been having menopausal symptoms for years but my doctor told me I was too young! I have experienced most of the usual symptoms such as hot flushes, brain fog etc but my main concerns were and still are, the hair loss and lack of libido.  In the last few weeks I have also been experiencing numbness in my face. I am going for an MRI tomorrow but reading some of your comments I am now thinking this might be hormone related also. Has anybody else experienced numbness in their face?  I feel I have turned into an old woman in the past few months and would like to know are there any natural products/remedies I can take to slow down the dramatic ageing (aging) process? I don't mind growing old gracefully but at this rate I will look like a sixty year old before I am fifty! Has anyone tried Macafem? Does it help?  Thanks.  
My symptoms were the same too.  I hope you find a product that works for you like I did!
Hate to tell you all...but I'm 61 and have had these feelings for 10 years.  Been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, possible rheumatoid arthritis, been tested for Sjogrens (with doctor "accidentally cutting my Trigeminal Nerve in my face for a biopsy, tested for MS, Lupus, Aids, and many others to come up with, "I look great on paper"!  I will still plug away and will add more iron to my diet along with a host of other supplements.  The ones that have helped me the most are Drenamin (Standard Process) (organ based - I guess that would be iron- LOL!)  and DHEA a natural hormone.  Those helped me sleep and have given me more energy (I very seldom take a nap now).  Still have numbness, tingling, burning, pins/needles in arms, hands, feet and legs. Having a Thoracic MRI tomorrow.
Hi ladies,

First of all I'd like to thank all of you for joining in this discussion.  I've been having symptoms very similar to those mentioned above and I'm 52 years old, and while still having periods suspect that menopause is on the horizon.
   I have a different perspective on some of these issues and I'm hoping that my comments may be useful to  many of you.  For the last 10 years I've practiced a few times a week with a martial arts group--that is till I relocated to Australia 6 months ago.  A few months ago my arms started to feel numb, often while I was sleeping.  This sensation led to others, during the day, an odd buzzing feeling in my hands and arms, that eventually even seemed to extend to my head!
   About a week ago, I began searching on the internet for information and found this site.  But, after reading things and trying to put together some of this information I decided to start training again alone in my back yard.  I also went out and bought myself a good all purpose multi-vitamin for women and finally I purchased (on line) wild yam cream--notable for helping reduce menopause symptoms.  The result?  Day seven and my arms aren't feeling numb in my sleep, the buzzing sensation is gone and while in the mornings my hands still feel stiff, particularly my right one, it's much less than what I was previously experiencing.  
   When I do my martial arts practice I feel a lot of sensations around my spine, and through my arms.  From this I conclude that something was partially blocked and seems to be opening up again.
   All of this was done with no doctors, a little common sense and the belief that I have some partial control over what goes on with my body.  I hope that this post may be useful for the rest of you!
Hi Ladies
I am 51 years old, feeling a wreck. Still having my period but last one came 3 week svs 4 weeks.
Until circa 9 months ago I was a fitness fanatic, Gym 5 days a week, generally healthy diet, all good until bit by bit the following symptoms started in the following order and with me now daily
1. Shaky legs- like an electric current going through them
2. Numbness in both feet
3. Heart Palpatations (come and go)
3. Itchy legs (mainly right leg)
4. Stinging thighs like nettle sting
5. Crying and mood swings (nightmare to live with- mainly before ovulation)
No Hot flushes as yet.
Went to GP( a Man) was given a cream(hydrocortisone to rub on my legs? Suprisingly no effect, next GP a she(notice a lady doctor) said it sounded more neurological and having just visited the neurosurgeon and mentioned could it be related to the menopause he said he has never experienced such a relationship? I too am waiting on a Brain and spinal MRI, went yesterday for more blood test and waiting on the results.
Like many posts before me I have thought of MS,brain tumor and someone last week mentioned Ovarian cancer (out of my mind with worry- waiting on ultra sound for ovaries & Blood test).
Just bought some B complex and magnesium today to try.Also Sage tablets suppose to be good for night sweats- anyone tried them?
As I have no conclusive results, I cannot rule out anything at this stage.
However as I research the menopause and other womens experience I am most horrified by the lack of medical know how in this area, its nothing short of a disgrace and I feel this needs to be voiced.
Hello young girls 40 plus.....you know you  are strong...try Maca root and Black Cohosh , B complex, eat Organic food, exersice and stay POSITIVE,,,,,,It is just  Nature of the WOMEN,,,,Good luck,,,if you live in Las Vegas try my class Intimate Fitness for Ladies,,,all info on Meetup Web,,,