Menopause Community
Menopause but can't take Estrogen...now what?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Menopause but can't take Estrogen...now what?

I am 47 and according to my dr., I'm in menopause.  I was doing ok on the bc pill but found out that I carry a certain gene that puts me in a higher category for blood clots so I can't take any kind of estrogen now.  Now I'm going nuts!!!  The hot flashes, mood swings, night sweats and insomina are horrible!!!
What can I do?  Can I take something from a natural store and if so, will someone there be able to help me?
Related Discussions
Hi Ghita!

I was in a similar situation a few months back. No one told me that I shouldn't take estrogen, but after a few months on Premarin, my body sure let me know! It did help with my hot flashes, but it made my breasts, knees and hips ache so bad that I had to give it up. When I quit, my hot flashes and night sweats returned with a vengeance, and for a while there I felt like I was damned - with or without the hormones.

I started using a liquid herbal product called Wisdom Menopause Formula in January, and I LOVE it. It has taken care of my hot flashes and night sweats better than the Premarin, and has also made a huge difference in the way I feel emotionally, which Premarin did not help at all. I know several other women who are using it as well, and so far I haven't heard anything but praise.

There are several other natural options you could consider, like soy, black cohosh and others, but in your case, you'll want to check with your doctor, as they may not be compatible with your clotting issues. If none of those work out, there are some anti-depressants that are supposed to help. Your doctor can tell you which ones.

Take care!

Lisa
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979