Menopause?
I've been "post-menopausal" based on blood test results for two years. I had one light period 18 months ago, and last February and March I had two "periods" that were just a few days of brown spotting. Since then, nothing. I experience feeling absolutely horrible -- symptoms come and go but when they come they last for months at a time. The most disconcerting are balance issues, and very weak legs. I have a hard time just standing up long enough to make dinner. Legs also feel like they vibrate at night. I had hot flashes during the fall but for the last few weeks, those are gone. Still feel awful, though. All my blood tests are normal. I had a brain MRI two years ago and I really don't want to have one again. I did have parathyroid surgery two years ago but I'm supposedly "cured" of that and all those levels are normal. My thyroid levels are normal, too. Doctors chock it all up to "the change." For those who've actually gone through menopause, does this sound familiar? Thanks for the support, Missy
For such sensations, parasthesia should be ruled out. Parasthesias are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidismThey can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, nerve irritation, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms are gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then get it evaluated from a doctor. Nerve compression needs to be ruled out for which a nerve conduction velocity test can be done. Weakness of legs can be due to vitamin D deficiency also. Regarding vitamin D levels, you need to take a sachet of vitamin D with milk or curd once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month after consulting your doctor. Each sachet contains 60,000 IU of vitamin D.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks. My thyroid has been evaluated and is fine. My blood sugar is fine. I will be consulting with a doctor soon.