Menopause Community
Menstration

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Menstration

I am 51 years old and for the first time my period came one week late.  The bleeding was unusually not strong it lasted for five days and then stopped and came back again and it has lasted for two weeks now.  Can you tell what is going on?
Its possible its the start of menopause. I would go to your doctor and get the blood work done to see if you are in menopause.
Oh yeah!  Certainly sounds like the start of menopause to me too!  And, you're at the "right" age. My cycle started getting very unpredictable about 8 months ago and I was only 48 at the time...and it continues to be unpredictable.  
Hello there,

Just finished reading your comments. I agree with the other two women who have replied to your question. I think it's possible it may be the start of
menopause.  Irregular periods are one of the signs. I would go to your family doctor, express you concerns and see what your doctor thinks.
I'm already menopausal. It's not so bad. Good luck to you. Eve :)