Morning Back Pain & Night Sweats - Menopause
My Doctor has done blood tests and told me I am in the Menopause!!!   I have told her about the pains I have in my lower back, the pain is so low its almost in my buttocks, I wake up in severe pain at 4am in the morning, I struggle to turn over in bed they are so bad. My legs ache also, and I get terrible night sweats. The only relief I get from the lower back pain is to get out of bed and walk round the house till approx. 5.00am, take some ibuprofen and I can then go back to bed.  During this time I seem to have wind, so wonder if trapped wind is part of my problem, or whether this is a coincidence, I also wonder if  HRT would help.  My doctor has said she doesn't want to give me HRT and I just need to cope with it, but these pains are horrible and I'm fed up of not sleeping through the night. She prescribed me with co-codomol but they are so strong they make me feel very drowsy and unsteady (I cant even walk in a straight line after taking them)  which is why I've only had a total of 3 out of a possible 100 !!!  I just don't feel they are the right thing to take.  Does anyone else have this morning back pain, and does anyone have and medication from the doctor or herbal that works well ????
I don't have any suggestions for the back pain although it could be menopause related. Did your doctor say why she wouldn't prescribe HRT? A low dose during the early post-menopausal years is considered safe. And transdermal is safer than oral as far as clotting is concerned. Co-codamol is an addictive opiate painkiller since it contains codeine. HRT is not addictive. It would seem she'd at least let you try it to see if it helps your symptoms. If she won't, maybe it's time to switch doctors. If HRT doesn't help your back, you may want to see if imaging will show anything. Physical therapy may help.