Menopause Expert Forum
Muscle and joint pain can't take estrogen
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Muscle and joint pain can't take estrogen

I am 42 had a complete hysterectomy in Jan due to stage IV endo.  I can't take estrogen due to clotting problems - had my SVC reconstructed in 03.  I have a primary immune deficiency and a port for venous access and am on plavix and aspirin. I have been advised not to try herbals due to my CVID, aenemia and general rotten condition. My joint and muscle pain is crippling, hot flashes, depression and insomnia severe.  I think I am having a severe reaction to the progestin I am taking, can't sleep despite Ambien and can no longer manage to go to yoga. The pain is crippling and not even relieved by acucpuncture or narcotic pain relievers.  Can progestin magnify menopause pain to this degree?  If I tried estrogen for a short time and stopped will all the severe symptoms return? I had a non-text book reaction to Paxil and Effexor so I am done with SSRI's.  What else can I try?