Menopause Community
My Period is late, possible reasons why?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

My period was supposed to come on Thursday, the 27th of December, and it is now the 29th, it still has yet to come. My period is usually pretty predictable, and on time, either being one to two days late, but it usually would have started by now. I've had symptoms this past week of my period, large amounts of clear discharge, crampy feeling/bloating, bubbly stomach. Am I stressing out over nothing? I'm not at all sexually active, so I know 100 % it's not because of that, but I'm still worried that if it doesn't come by atleast sometime tomorrow, then something might be wrong with me. Is this normal for a period to suddenly be a few days late/come later than expected?
Avatar dr f tn
HI,
An occasional period that shows some deviation from normal should not worry you. This can be because of various reasons. If it is due to hormonal factors it is likely to self correct. Also stress, change in environment, sudden weight gain etc can also affect your menstrual cycles.
Hope this helps.