Menopause Expert Forum
NO PERIODS FOR 4 MONTH

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

NO PERIODS FOR 4 MONTH

last time i had my period 4 month ago. i am so tired of feeling bloated and moody.i do feel like period is coming but there is nothing there. i have seen my gyn doctor. i had ultrasoun done to make sure everything in that department ok. she says that  i am menopausal (i am 47) since i have hot flashes and other symptoms. i heard about "PROVERA" pills that induce periods. does anyone knows anything about it? please HELP! i am so tired  feeling premenstrual for 4 month!!!!!!!!!
Menopause if defined by one year after your last period. If you are bleeding every 4 months you are not in menopause, although you might well be in perimenopause, the 10 years or so that leads up to menopause.

Provera is a synthetic hormone that is similar in action to progesterone. It will cause a period to come and relieve some of the bloating women feel if they are making estrogen but not ovulating. It sounds like that is happening to you. Provera, or any other progesterone, is often given for 5 to 7 days or so each month for this type of problem. Work with your doctor. It should be able for you to improve these symptoms.
Machelle M. Seibel, MD
Thank you for your respond. I spoke with my gyn doctor and for some reason she did not want to put me on it. she was saying that i AM going through  perimenoposal stage and it is not pleasant but thats the way it is. i had to beg her and she finally prescribed me one time deal.  i just want to see if i start my period it would stop my back and front pains also. when  i miss my period for 2 month, i would get back and front pains. when my period starts so is the pains stops(coincedence?) now  its been 4 month and my gyn thinks  it is muscular/skeleton problem. so i went through different speciallist and mri, bone scans, ultrasounds.seem like it was ok. but anyway  i already had a cortisone shot in my lumbar area  and nerve block in my sciatica  but nothing seems to help. today i am going to urologist to check my bladder. i am so tired of this! i have been taking pain killers and i an not getting relief from them anymore! I am getting more depressed! i hope that "mirracle" pill will have my period start and therefore will stop my pains. Sincerely, hopeless.
http://acomplia.freecyberzone.com