Need help desperately
I cant sleep at nite and took a tiny sleeping pill and slept till the next afternoon. very depressed lonely
What you are having is basically insomnia which is an individual's report of sleeping difficulties. Insomnia is present when there is difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep or when the sleep that is obtained is non-refreshing or of poor quality. These problems occur despite adequate opportunity and circumstances for sleep and they must result in problems with daytime function.

First of all, we should try the non pharmacological methods first. You should consult a sleep specialist and dissuss the treatment option of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I). Sedatives are started only when the non pharmacological methods fail.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.