Menopause Community
Novasure problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Novasure problems

Hi--I started perimenopause fairly young, and after years of DUB, finally decided to have the Novasure procedure. My Dr. also did a hysteroscopy and D&C due to some mystery polyps (which were benign). The first 2 weeks after the procerdure were GREAT, but then I started my period 3 weeks ago and it hasn't stopped since! It's not heavy, just continuous. My Dr., who is great, is concerned that I am one of those people for whom this doesn't work, but we are currently trying progestins (I can't take combined pills due to stroke risk). Has anyone else had this problem? Did it resolve itself? He said it is also possible that the lining is still just healing/scarring--I am an "easy bleeder" so it might just take extra time, I guess. THANKS for reading this, and PLEASE respond if you have any thoughts on this problem!
I havent had this but I had a friend who did , it was just healing in her case and it takes time, if you take progestrone I have this can cause longer beeding, but your Doc would know about that,my  friend changed from the Progestrone and the Bleeding stopped, just a thought, Hope you feel okay soon,
I to had this proceedure done and so far it;s been good. The only thing is i have cramping from time to time. No period at all since and the proceedure took place on the 23rd of March.
I had the proceedure done in October and i didn't bleed at all until now and it's real light but i have bad cramping with it..
HI - my gyno is trying to get me in next week for the Novasure treatment. I'm almost 50 and sick of heavy periods, migraines, etc and basically losing a day every month. We'll see how it goes...
Hi, I am 42 yrs old and I had the procedure done 2 years ago and it was great, no more periods.  However, for the past year and months, I've had discharge (whitish) but a very funky smell, fishy.  I went to the doctor several times and he said that my discharge wasn't coming down.  The smell is very strong and I can smell it through my jeans.  He gave me Flaygl, worked for a bit and both my husband and I took it.  It came back, and I went to the doctor again and requested a vaginal ultrasound just to make sure nothing was blocking the discharge from coming down.  I've gone through the Internet to find out if this is a side effect but I can' find anything.  I went to the doctor again and nothing, Pap smear is normal, nothing.   I don't know if you would like to ask your doctor about this or if you've heard of anything like this before.   I am in desperate need of answers!!!!!

Thanks,
onetwo300
I had this procedure three weeks ago and now have bleeding, cramping, kidney, and bladder problems.   I wish I had NEVER let my doctor talk me into this!   Please consider all of the risks before having this surgery.
What it sounds like is a ph imbalance. I use the gel phfresh u can get it at walmart and u get  4 doses. It does what phlagel does but easier. Ph can change from hormones and even sperm and even periods. I feel so much better when i use this.