Menopause Community
OVARY REMOVAL

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

OVARY REMOVAL

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS HAD AN OVARY REMOVED AND IS EXPERIENCING PANIC ATTACKS?  

I had my left ovary removed at 37.  I saw the Dr on Wednesday and had the operation on Friday.  For me I only had those couple of days to think the worst of thoughts, so I didn't sleep very well at all.  My husband thought I was over-reacting a bit.

The only consolation is that your Dr is doing this surgery for a necessary reason.  If you have doubts as to the validity of the surgery, get a second opinion, or if it is playing on your mind too much, get the date brought forward if possible.  

Good luck

I knew a head of time that I might lose my left ovary due to complex cyst.   I really stressed to my OB/GYN to save it because I feared of it pushing me to a earlier pre menopause (I was 43).  I woke up from surgery my ob/gyn was holding my hand and said once he got in but he couldn't save it because it was too messed up.  It turned out my ovary had a less then 1 cm borderline ovarian cancer.   yes, I am in premenpause---warm flashes and moody around that time of the month.  I am putting off total hysterectomy till my twin who just turned 2 are a bit older and I am being watched---Yes, I go thru panic attacks because I am scared that HRT will not make me feel as good as my own.  I know I should be more scared for my life but I also need to be able to function and bring up my kids.

Best wishes
Hi, I didn't have panic attacks but I did feel a sense of dread after my surgery.  I had an ovary removed along with a cyst that was attached to it back in Nov 2006.

I think that we feel so out of control that our bodies have failed us in some way.  A piece of us is removed b/c something abnormal was growing on it and causing problems.  Makes us feel a bit helpless.

Hopefully, you will feel better as time passes.  Your ovary was removed for a reason and I'm hoping that knowing that the cause for future worries had been reduced.  

Your remaining ovary should start to pick up the slack.  For me it was about 6 months.  Not sure if it's working 100% but it's a lot better.

Good luck!
I am 27 and just had a laparoscopic removal of my left ovary and tube. I'm wondering what that will do to me hormonally. Any advice or help of any kind is appreciated.