Menopause Community
One Ovary, Tubal Ligation, Menopause or Pregnant?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

One Ovary, Tubal Ligation, Menopause or Pregnant?

Hello, I'm 31 and am not sure if I could even be going through menopause at this point. When I was 15, I got pregnant with my oldest child. When I was 13 weeks pregnant with her, I suffered a torsed ovary and an oophorectomy was performed on the right side!! I now 16 years later have had 2 more additional children, and after my last child was born I had a tubal ligation performed. That was July of 2005. Well ever since I had my tubal, my periods were extremely regular, never missed one in 5 years. I have a 27 day cycle, 5-7 day periods. I am currently 2 weeks late in getting my period, home pregnancy test is negative, but I have all the symptoms of pregnancy. Would it be possible though if I'm not pregnant, that I could be in the early stages of menopause since I only have one ovary!! I called my doctors office and her reply to my question was that my tubal is PERMANENT, that there is no possibility I could be pregnant, and that I'm to young to be in menopause!! I'm so confused!! I have been told you can get pregnant if the tubal ligation fails!! They were not cut and tied, she just placed a ring clamp on my tube!! Was also told that I can be in early menopause because I only have one ovary!! Another piece of information I was given is that a home pregnancy test is not accurate if you have had a tubal ligation and you have to get a blood test!! Can anyone please answer for me, I'm going out of my mind with worry!!

Thanks