Menopause Expert Forum
Oral thrush and hormonal imbalances
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Oral thrush and hormonal imbalances

I have been experiencing perimenopausal symptoms or much of the "34 signs of menopause" for about a year now.
I will be going to my doctor soon about this, he is considering my taking Progesterone for 10 days each month, for 3 months...hoping to get me balanced out. Anyway, this year I have been on a number of anti-biotics and have developed thrush twice. Yet, it appears that I am developing it again. The last I took antibiotics was in August and took Nistatin the following month.

I do know that those who are peri/meno are more susceptible to yeast infections and that thrush is the same but to be sure, is oral thrush equally advantageous in those experiencing a hormonal imbalance?

Too, I am curious: do you agree with the "34 signs of menopause" (found here: http://www.power-surge.com/educate/34symptoms.htm)as far as symptoms go? I found this in searching for perimenopause. I should think both experience the same?

Thanks again, for your time.

~Kate