Menopause Expert Forum
Oral thrush and hormonal imbalances

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Oral thrush and hormonal imbalances

I have been experiencing perimenopausal symptoms or much of the "34 signs of menopause" for about a year now.
I will be going to my doctor soon about this, he is considering my taking Progesterone for 10 days each month, for 3 months...hoping to get me balanced out. Anyway, this year I have been on a number of anti-biotics and have developed thrush twice. Yet, it appears that I am developing it again. The last I took antibiotics was in August and took Nistatin the following month.

I do know that those who are peri/meno are more susceptible to yeast infections and that thrush is the same but to be sure, is oral thrush equally advantageous in those experiencing a hormonal imbalance?

Too, I am curious: do you agree with the "34 signs of menopause" (found here: http://www.power-surge.com/educate/34symptoms.htm)as far as symptoms go? I found this in searching for perimenopause. I should think both experience the same?

Thanks again, for your time.

~Kate
A. Menopause is not necessarily a time of increased risk of yeast infections. However, taking antibiotics can be. Antibiotics kill not only the bad bacteria they are intended to get rid of, they also kill the
Just a note, in addition to what I have posted: I am 34 years of age and have posted to you once before.