Menopause Expert Forum
Ovarian Cyst
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ovarian Cyst

Hi,
i recently went to the doctor for a pelvic and abdomen ultra sound and when i received my results it stated that i had a moderately thickened endometrial echo, and a 2.0 left ovarian cyst probably a dominant follicle.
My question is, is this a serious matter and will this prevent me from having children?
Related Discussions
242601_tn?1217000247
Each month the uterine lining (the endometrium) thickens in anticipation of an embryo implanting. This usually accompanied by a dominant follicle or cyst on one ovary or the other. This is all normal. So it is not a serious matter and will not prevent you from having children. Of course, there could be other things that are a factor. If  you are worried about the uterine lining or the ovarian cyst, you can always ask your doctor to repeat the ultrasound in the first week after a period to see if it is different.
Machelle M. Seibel, MD
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank