Ovarian Cyst
i recently went to the doctor for a pelvic and abdomen ultra sound and when i received my results it stated that i had a moderately thickened endometrial echo, and a 2.0 left ovarian cyst probably a dominant follicle.
My question is, is this a serious matter and will this prevent me from having children?
Each month the uterine lining (the endometrium) thickens in anticipation of an embryo implanting. This usually accompanied by a dominant follicle or cyst on one ovary or the other. This is all normal. So it is not a serious matter and will not prevent you from having children. Of course, there could be other things that are a factor. If  you are worried about the uterine lining or the ovarian cyst, you can always ask your doctor to repeat the ultrasound in the first week after a period to see if it is different.
Machelle M. Seibel, MD
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.