Ovaries Hurt
I've had a dull ache in my ovaries for about a month.  It's now become more severe on my left side and radiates into my back. I feel as if my period is coming on...but I'm 49 and in menopause so it's not coming!    Last week I had my annual and doc said everything felt find but sent me for a pelvice ultrasound (inside and out). Test results came back normal.  She's sending me for a cat scan later this week to follow up!

Anyone have any ideas of what this could be?  
sounds somewhat like what I'm dealing with only with some spotting.  although I am older than you and in menopause for 3 years, i find it odd that my left ovary hurts... will be seeing the doctor on Friday.  If I have any insight i'll be sure to post.
Well, despite having pains on both sides in the general area of my ovaries....it's not them at all. The pain has since worsened and moved over to the sides and around to my back, not unlike menstrual back pain. But after an ultrasound and cat scan they think I have colitis.  I have to see a GI doc.....so I guess I'll be over in the forum!!   Weird, becuase I don't have the other typcial GI symptoms that would suggest this.