Menopause Community
Perimenopause, Abdominal Cramp Pain, Breakthru Bleeding
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Perimenopause, Abdominal Cramp Pain, Breakthru Bleeding

I'm in my late 40's and had hot flashes and night sweats that ended last year.  Around this same time last year, I had IBS like symptoms that lasted a few months and went away.  The doctor tested me and said this may be what the cramps, feverish/chills and alternating diarrhea were due to, but he didn't say for sure.

I just got my period last week on a regular 28-day schedule.  A week later, I woke up with a mild migraine, haven't been active all week and was sitting in a recliner, ate a spicy food, and shortly after, during a bowl movement, had terrible abdominal pains, chills, sweat and felt feverish, vomited, a little diarrhea, uncontrollable shaking and my feet were freezing for hours.  The next day I noticed a light red and brown discharge (breakthrough bleeding?).

Today the only symptoms I have are mild abdominal cramps on and off and it feels like PMS or like my period is coming on.  

My last pap and blood tests a little over a year ago were all normal.  I don't take birth control.

Does this sound like perimenopausal symptoms?

Thank you for the help.