Menopause Community
Perimenopause, Abdominal Cramp Pain, Breakthru Bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

I'm in my late 40's and had hot flashes and night sweats that ended last year.  Around this same time last year, I had IBS like symptoms that lasted a few months and went away.  The doctor tested me and said this may be what the cramps, feverish/chills and alternating diarrhea were due to, but he didn't say for sure.

I just got my period last week on a regular 28-day schedule.  A week later, I woke up with a mild migraine, haven't been active all week and was sitting in a recliner, ate a spicy food, and shortly after, during a bowl movement, had terrible abdominal pains, chills, sweat and felt feverish, vomited, a little diarrhea, uncontrollable shaking and my feet were freezing for hours.  The next day I noticed a light red and brown discharge (breakthrough bleeding?).

Today the only symptoms I have are mild abdominal cramps on and off and it feels like PMS or like my period is coming on.  

My last pap and blood tests a little over a year ago were all normal.  I don't take birth control.

Does this sound like perimenopausal symptoms?

Thank you for the help.
I had the night sweats and hot flashes like you.  I started this year but went on Estroven so that took care of that.

The stomach problems like IBS or something like that.  I've never had that with peri-menopause.  Have a doctor see if that's IBS that is causing your problems.  I had a period in July and then none till just this month.  But actually this month was only one morning and then no more.  I know this isn't much help.  But the stomach and those symptoms doesn't sound anything that goes along with peri-menopause.