Perimenopause, Abdominal Cramp Pain, Breakthru Bleeding
I'm in my late 40's and had hot flashes and night sweats that ended last year.  Around this same time last year, I had IBS like symptoms that lasted a few months and went away.  The doctor tested me and said this may be what the cramps, feverish/chills and alternating diarrhea were due to, but he didn't say for sure.

I just got my period last week on a regular 28-day schedule.  A week later, I woke up with a mild migraine, haven't been active all week and was sitting in a recliner, ate a spicy food, and shortly after, during a bowl movement, had terrible abdominal pains, chills, sweat and felt feverish, vomited, a little diarrhea, uncontrollable shaking and my feet were freezing for hours.  The next day I noticed a light red and brown discharge (breakthrough bleeding?).

Today the only symptoms I have are mild abdominal cramps on and off and it feels like PMS or like my period is coming on.  

My last pap and blood tests a little over a year ago were all normal.  I don't take birth control.

Does this sound like perimenopausal symptoms?

Thank you for the help.
I had the night sweats and hot flashes like you.  I started this year but went on Estroven so that took care of that.

The stomach problems like IBS or something like that.  I've never had that with peri-menopause.  Have a doctor see if that's IBS that is causing your problems.  I had a period in July and then none till just this month.  But actually this month was only one morning and then no more.  I know this isn't much help.  But the stomach and those symptoms doesn't sound anything that goes along with peri-menopause.